DZ09 is the cheapest and affordable Smartwatch Phone available for around $18-$20. This smartwatch provides GSM functionalities, i.e., we can insert a SIM card and make or receive calls, SMS, etc. It also comes with a MicroSD card slot that can be used to store media files and play them right from the smartwatch. Earlier here at Gizmo Advices, we have covered a tutorial on how to create Read Back ROM Dump of DZ09 Smartwatch and obtain firmware files from the ROM Dump. In this tutorial, we will guide you on how to unbrick/repair and install the firmware on DZ09 Smartwatch Phone. This tutorial will come in handy if you have bricked your smartwatch, and it doesn't turn ON at all.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Unbrick/Repair DZ09 by Installing Original Firmware
- 2 How to Install Firmware on DZ09 Smartwatch
- 3 How to Fix Null IMEI on DZ09?
- 4 Facing Issues with the Flash Tool?
- 5 FAQ
So without any further ado, let's proceed and install Firmware files on DZ09 Smartwatch Phone.
How to Unbrick/Repair DZ09 by Installing Original Firmware
DZ09 smartwatch won't turn on? Or have you bricked your watch trying to install Custom ROM? Then download the below original DZ09 firmware package and flash it on your DZ09 smartwatch.
If you have already taken a backup of your Dz09 firmware, then it is recommended to flash that firmware instead of the below provided firmware files.
Download DZ09 Firmware Pack
Other DZ09 firmware (Optional) - Link
How to Install Firmware on DZ09 Smartwatch
- First of all, make sure to install the required USB Drivers on your PC. Watch this video to know how to install USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download the required files from the above downloads section.
- Extract the DZ09.zip package on your PC to obtain firmware files (config_mtk6260.cfg, EXT_BOOTLOADER, ROM, VIVA, and X9_BOOTLOADER_MT6260.bin), SP Flashtool, and SN Write Tool, etc.
- Now, run the Flash_tool.exe as administrator on your PC.
- Click on the Download Agent button at the top right corner and select the MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin file.
- Now, click on the Scatter/Config File button and load the DZ09 Scatter file, which will be in .cfg extension from the firmware folder.
- Now, click Options and under Backup and Restore, choose No Action.
- Now, click on the Download button in the Flash Tool.
- Connect one end of the USB cable to PC and connect another end to your DZ09 watch. Make sure the battery is inserted on your watch.
- Now, the FlashTool should detect your watch and start flashing the firmware files.
- When done, a window should popup with Green Circle.
- That's it! Now you have successfully unbricked your DZ09 watch. Remove the battery, insert it back again, and power on your watch.
How to Fix Null IMEI on DZ09?
Now that you have flashed DZ09 with original firmware, the IMEI of your watch might have been wiped. So, we have to write the IMEI number back to the watch if we want to make use of the cellular features of the watch.
The steps listed below are for educational purposes, and we're not responsible for any illegal use of the below instructions.
- First of all, make a note of your IMEI number by removing the back cover of your watch. After removing the back cover, you'll find a sticker with your device's IMEI number.
- Now, launch the SN Writer Tool (Serial Number Writer) from the DZ09 firmware folder, which you have extracted while flashing the firmware.
- Now in SN Writer, select ComPort as USB VCOM and Target Type as Feature Phone.
- Now click on System Config and check IMEI under Write Option.
- Under the DataBase File, click on MD1_DB and choose the "BPLGUInfoCustomAppSrcP_MT6260_S00_HX_106KA_S1_LANGA" from the firmware folder and click on Save.
- Now click on Start and enter the IMEI number, which you have noted in step #1 and click OK.
- Power off your DZ09 smartwatch and connect the watch to PC using a USB cable.
- Once the SN Write Tool detects the watch, it will write the IMEI number to your device.
- When done, you will see a PASS message in the tool.
- Disconnect your watch and power it on and check the IMEI number by dialing *#06# on your watch.
Below is the step by step video on how to flash the firmware on DZ09 and fix Null IMEI number issue on DZ09. If the above steps are confusing, you can watch the video below.
Facing Issues with the Flash Tool?
Are you facing issues with the flash tool while flashing the firmware on DZ09? Below are the links which might help you in solving the error you are facing with the flash tool.
- Fix SP Flash Tool Stuck at 0% Error
- Complete List of SP Flash Tool Error Codes and their Meanings and Solutions
How to upgrade Dz09 to QW09? Or How to install Android on DZ09?
We cannot upgrade DZ09 to QW09 or install Android OS on the DZ09 smartwatch because of the hardware limitations of the watch. DZ09 comes with 128 MB RAM and 128 MB internal storage, so it is not possible to install an Android OS on DZ09.
Where to download DZ09 smartwatch Firmware with WhatsApp?
The original DZ09 firmware comes with WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter apps pre-installed. However, we cannot use these apps on the watch because of the RAM limitations. These apps are fake apps or internet shortcuts; upon opening them, they launch the browser and visit the app's respective website.