Wearable technology is the latest trend in the modern world, and many manufacturers have come up with their own Android Wear watches and were priced high, and not all the people can afford them. So to mimic or provide some of the features that Android wear watches offer, some Chinese manufacturers have come up with the cheap and affordable Smartwatches. As these watches are cheaper, they provide limited functionalities like 2-3 Watch faces, etc. and to add more watch faces, the user has to dig into the firmware or ROM of the Watch. So in this tutorial, we are going to guide you on how to create a Read Back ROM Dump or ROM backup of DZ09 Smartwatch Phone.
Table of Contents
So without any further delay, let's proceed to create Read Back ROM Dump of DZ09 Smartwatch.
DZ09.zip Package (251 MB) - Link
Universal Read Back Extractor 2.0 - Link
(updated version) Universal Read Back Extractor 2.4 - Link
How to Create Read Back ROM Dump / ROM Backup of DZ09 Smartwatch Phone
- Extract the downloaded package and install the required drivers provided inside the Drivers folder. If you encounter an error saying "driver is not digitally signed", try disabling Driver Signature Enforcement on your PC.
- Once all the drivers are installed, open the Flashtool folder and run Flash_tool.exe as administrator.
- Click on Download Agent and choose MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin provided in the package.
- Now Click on Scatter/Config File and choose GPLUS60A_6464_11B_BB.cfg from DZ-09 firmware official folder.
- Now click on Read Back tab and Remove the existing Read Back tasks and click on Add and then Double-click the task and choose the directory where you would like to save the ROM dump.
- Now a popup should show up asking Start Address and Length, leave Start Address as default (i.e., 0x00000000) and in the Length field type "0x01000000".
- Click on the Read Back button.
- Power off DZ09 and connect it to PC via USB Cable.
- Wait for the Flashtool to detect the watch and start the Read Back process.
- Once done, you will see the Green circle.
That's it now you have successfully created Read Back ROM Dump of DZ09 Smartwatch Phone. Now it's time to extract the ROM Dump to obtain the firmware files.
How to Extract Read Back ROM Dump or DZ09 ROM Backup
- Download the Read Back Extractor 2.0 from the above downloads section.
- Extract it to the folder where you have saved the ROM Dump.
- Run Read Back Extractor and click on Load ReadBack file and choose the ROM Dump, which you have created earlier.
- Once the file is loaded, hit Rebuild Firmware and wait until you see Done message.
With this, you are done with extracting the ReadBack ROM Dump of DZ09 Watch.
Have issues following the steps above, then watch the video below to understand the whole process.
Facing Issues with the Flash Tool?
Are you facing issues with the flash tool while taking backup of DZ09 ROM? Below are the links which can help you solve the error and proceed with the Read Back ROM of the DZ09 smartwatch.