In this tutorial checkout how to update Micromax Canvas Nitro A311/ A310 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware – CyanogenMod 13 ROM
Micromax Canvas Nitro A310/A311 are the successful launches of Micromax in the year 2014. These device got quite good response in the market for the specifications and features they offer at that price point. Though they were successful, Micromax has never bothered to update them to the latest Android versions out there, in fact the devices never received any Android firmware update. To overcome this we are here with a tutorial on how to update Micromax Canvas Nitro A311/ A310 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware using CyanogenMod 13 ROM (CM 13).
The CM 13 Custom ROM that we are going to install on Micromax Canvas Nitro A311/ A310 is quite stable and contains only some bugs and some of them can be fixed by flashing the patch file. The known issues or bugs in this ROM are listed below.
- VPN is not working.
- GPS does not work on Device Only mode.
- Can’t switch between 3G and 2G on SIM 1.
- YouTube app unable play more than 360p video. See at the end of this post for the
Features of CM 13 ROM for Micromax Canvas Nitro A311 and A310:
- Dual SIM
- Camera (photo and video recording)
- GPS (works only in online mode)
- FM Radio
- Backup all of your important data to safe place. Backup SMS, Contacts, Call Logs etc.
- Enable USB Debugging from Settings > Developer Options.
- Charge the device to at least 75%.
- Root Canvas Nitro A311/A310.
- Download TWRP/ Philz Recovery for A311 or A310 from below and install it with the help of Flashify.
- Create a Nandroid Backup.
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damage to your Micromax Canvas Nitro A311/ A310. Proceed with the below steps at your own risk.
Files required to update Micromax Canvas Nitro A311/ A310 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow:
TWRP 2.8.7 A310 - Link
PhilZ recovery A310 - Link
TWRP A311 - Link
CM 13 ROM - Link
A310 Patch - Link
Google Apps flashable zip – Link
Low Sound Fix Patch for A311 and A310 - Link
How to update Micromax Canvas Nitro A311/ A310 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow via CM 13 ROM:
Step 1: Download CM 13 ROM, Google Apps package and Low Sound Fix Patch package and copy them to internal storage of the device. Micromax Canvas Nitro A310 users also download A310 patch file and copy it too.
Step 2: Boot Micromax Canvas Nitro A311/ A310 into Recovery Mode using Quick Boot (Reboot) App.
Step 3: From Recovery Mode - wipe cache, data and dalvik cache.
Step 4: Now install CM 13 ROM and then install Google Apps Package and reboot the device. How? Follow the tutorial here.
Step 5: Once again boot into Recovery Mode and install Low Sound Fix Patch package and A310 users install A310 Patch package.
Step 6: Reboot the device and you are ready to enjoy Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Micromax Canvas Nitro A311/ A310.
Fix for YouTube HD Playback:
This CM 13 ROM contains bug where all the YouTube videos are played at just 360p resolution and this can be fixed by following the steps below.
- Install ES File Explorer or Root Explorer file manager.
- Navigate to /data/data/com.google.android.youtube/shared_prefs
- Open youtube.xml and look for below code:
<boolean name="h264_main_profile_supported6.0.1" value="false" />
And replace it with the below code:
<boolean name="h264_main_profile_supported6.0.1" value="true" />
- Save the file and reboot the device.
That’s it now you have successfully updated Micromax Canvas Nitro A311/ A310 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware using CyanogenMod 13 ROM.
Do share this tutorial with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus etc. and let them also update their Micromax Canvas Nitro A311/ A310 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Have any queries? Post them below in the comment section.