In this tutorial checkout how to install TWRP Recovery and Root HTC One M9+ Android Smartphone – Complete guide
HTC One M9+ or HTC One M9 Plus is slightly upgraded version of HTC One M9. It has Fingerprint sensor, slightly bigger screen with better resolution, slightly powerful processor and Dual camera at the back as seen on HTC One M8. It is the flagship smartphone which is only sold in china and if you are not from china you will have to pay extra import fees to get your hands on this device. In this tutorial we are going to install TWRP Recovery and Root HTC One M9+ Android smartphone.
So without any further ado let’s proceed to install TWRP Recovery and Root HTC One M9+.
- Make sure to create a complete backup of all of your data to safe place.
Backup and Restore Contacts
Backup and Restore SMS
Backup and Restore Call Logs
Backup files on internal storage on PC
- Enable USB Debugging on HTC One M9+ from Settings > Developer Options.
- Ensure that HTC One M9+ is left with at least 75% battery.
- Unlock Bootloader on HTC One M9+.
- Download the HTC USB Drivers on PC.
- Install and Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on PC.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible for any damage to your HTC One M9+. Follow the steps listed in this tutorial at your own risk.
How to install TWRP Recovery on HTC One M9+:
Step 1: Download the TWRP Recovery form the below links:
Step 2: Extract it and rename it as twrp.img and copy it to Fastboot folder.
Step 3: Boot HTC One M9+ into Fastboot mode.
- Power off HTC One M9+.
- Press and hold Volume Down, Volume Up and Power button simultaneously until the device enters into the HBOOT mode.
- Now using the Volume keys select Reboot to Bootloader and select it using Power button.
Step 4: Connect HTC One M9+ to PC using OEM cable.
Step 5: Open the Fastboot folder and press and hold shift key and right click inside the Fastboot folder at the empty space and choose open command window here, this will open the command prompt.
Step 6: Now in CMD type the following commands and hit enter after each command:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
This command will flash TWRP Recovery on HTC One M9+.
This will reboot your device into normal mode.
That’s all now you have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on HTC One M9+ and now it’s time to Root HTC One M9+.
How to Root HTC One M9+:
Step 1: Download the HTC One M9+ Root package from the below links:
Step 2: extract the file and obtain M9 +_Root_2.48.zip file and copy it to your device’s internal memory. Make sure to copy at the root of SD card, but not inside any folder.
Step 3: Boot HTC One M9+ into Recovery Mode.
- Power off HTC One M9+.
- Press and hold Volume Down, Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously until you see HBOOT menu.
- Now using the Volume keys choose Boot to Recovery Mode and select it using Power button.
Step 4: Follow the tutorial here and install the Rooting package on HTC One M9+ using TWRP Recovery Mode.
Step 5: Reboot your device and check for Root permissions using Root Checker App.
That’s all now you have successfully installed TWRP Recovery and Rooted HTC One M9+. Do share this tutorial with your friends and help them in installing TWRP Recovery and Root HTC One M9+.
If you have any questions, leave them in the comment section below.
👇👇Latest Video on YouTube 👇👇