Nintendo Game Boy Advance was a huge success and was one of the best handheld gaming consoles. However, they are no longer available, but we still like to play the old and best GBA games like Pokémon, TMNT, Astro Boy, Dragon Ball Z, and several others. All this can be made possible using GBA Emulators for PC - Windows, Linux, and Mac. Today, we’re going to share the list of best GBA emulators or Game Boy Advance Emulators for PC.
In case you’re wondering Game Boy Advance is the upgraded version of the Game Boy Color with the ability to run more advanced games with better color quality and packs powerful hardware.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best GBA (Game Boy Advance) Emulators for Windows PC 2019
- 1.1 mGBA – Best GBA Emulator for PC
- 1.2 VisualBoy Advance GBA Emulator
- 1.3 NO$GBA Emulator – Best for GBA ROMS
- 1.4 Higan GBA Emulator – Best Emulator to Run GBA Games on PC
- 1.5 BatGBA Emulator – Best to Run GBA ROMS
- 2 Bonus
- 3 Conclusion
If you still own Nintendo Game Boy Advance, then you don’t have to depend on the GBA emulator to enjoy your favorite GBA game. However, if you don’t own one, but want to enjoy the top GBA games, then installing free GBA Emulator is the best way.
Best GBA (Game Boy Advance) Emulators for Windows PC 2019
These GBA emulators are specifically designed to run GBA games on Windows PC. Some of them even offer some extra features which are otherwise missing from the handheld gaming console.
mGBA – Best GBA Emulator for PC
mGBA is one of the best Game Boy Advance emulator for PC. It extends the support for the game even beyond what is usually supported. It offers some additional features if you plan to play GBA ROMS.
The additional features include the ability to save the game at any point, cheat codes support and patches for the games that do not run properly. Some of the features of mGBA are listed below.
mGBA Emulator Features:
- mGBA emulator supports cheat codes.
- Ability to run patches on games to run it smoothly.
- Easy to use and setup
- Supports massive catalog of GBA games
- Cheat codes support
- Save game states
- Fast-forwarding and rewinding
- Compatible with NES classic series
- 4 Player Local multi-pack link cable support
- Extensive hardware-based emulation
- Solar sensor emulation, Tilt sensor emulation, and Rumble Pak emulation for games
- Lacks some advanced features
Download mGBA Emulator
VisualBoy Advance GBA Emulator
VisualBoy Advance is the most stable Gameboy Advance Emulator and is one of the oldest and well-known Game Boy Emulators.
It is available for Windows, Linux, Mac, BSD, and BeOS. Also, the emulator is ported to AmigaOS 4, AROS, GameClub, Wii, webOS, and Zune HD.
VisualBoy Advance emulator comes loaded with a lot of features that are not available on the standard handheld console. It truly changes the gaming experience on this emulator and lets players enjoy the game how they want to.
VisualBoy Advance GBA Emulator Features:
- It can run Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance ROMs.
- Ability to export and import saved games to other PC.
- Joystick Support.
- Full-Screen mode and screen capture support.
- Screen recording with audio.
- Allows you to save the game and import on other PC
- Supports controllers, joystick and button remapping
- Record gameplay and take screenshots
- Cheat codes support
- Doesn’t run well on the old computer hardware
Download VisualBoy Advance GBA Emulator
NO$GBA Emulator – Best for GBA ROMS
No Cash GBA or NO$GBA has gained fame because of its unique name. However, the name is not the only thing the emulator is famous for; it has more to offer than its name.
Apart from being able to run GBA ROMs (games), it can also run Nintendo DS games and offers multiplayer support, controller support and more.
NO$GBA emulator is available in 2 versions, debugged version and gaming version and supports Windows and DOS operating systems.
NO$GBA Emulator Features:
- Multiplayer Support.
- Controller Support.
- Runs GBA and DS games.
- Multiple NDs ROM support.
- Runs both GBA and NDS games
- Allows support for controllers
- Not all NDS games run properly
Download NO$GBA Emulator
Higan GBA Emulator – Best Emulator to Run GBA Games on PC
Higan GBA emulator is another great emulator that lets you play GBA games on PC. The emulator is simplistic and supports almost any computer hardware.
Apart from supporting GBA games, it also supports Famicom, Super Famicom, Sega Master System, Game Boy Color, Mega Drive, and Game Gear.
It supports multiple operating systems like Windows, FreeBSD 10.0+, Linux, and macOS. It makes the Higan a multi-system GBA emulator for PC.
Higan GBA Emulator Features:
- Supports full screen.
- Use and store cheat codes easily.
- Higan offers SRAM and input settings.
- It supports a wide range of ROMs.
- Supports NES and SNES games.
- Supports a vast majority of ROMS
- Easy to use and setup
- Enhanced color reproduction
- Sound is a bit laggy in some games
Download Higan GBA Emulator
BatGBA Emulator – Best to Run GBA ROMS
BatGBA emulator is on the best and lightweight emulator for GBA games. It offers many features and runs smoothly on any PC configuration or hardware.
The BatGBA emulator for PC requires less storage space and can run all commercial and non-commercial GBA games with ease.
As the emulator is lightweight, it lacks some of the advanced features. However, it does what it says, and we cannot complain about it.
BatGBA Emulator Features:
- Supports all commercial and non-commercial GBA games.
- Requires no-nonsense installation.
- The emulator is perfect for people looking for simplicity
- Easy to use
- Runs every GBA game
- Doesn’t require a lot of knowledge
- The emulator lacks advanced features
Download BatGBA Emulator
Above was the list of top 5 best GBA emulator for PC. However, if the above emulators don’t interest you can try the two emulators listed below.
These are the Best Game Boy Advance Emulators for PC. Most of the above emulators support Windows, Linux and Mac operating systems. Try any of the Best GBA Emulators and share your experience with us in the comment section below.