Remember Super Nintendo Entertainment System with those old classic games? Everyone has a game that they played on Super Nintendo during their childhood and can never forget. Even if the modern games are much superior in graphics and narrative, they can’t meet the nostalgic feeling of playing those classic retro games which everyone enjoyed during their childhood.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is SNES Emulator?
- 2 Best SNES Emulators for Android
- 2.1 SuperRetro16 (SNES Emulator) - Best SNES Emulator
- 2.2 John SNES Lite – SNES Emulator
- 2.3 Emulator for SNES Free
- 2.4 Snes9x EX+
- 2.5 Matsu PSX Emulator – Multi Emu
- 2.6 RetroArch
- 2.7 SNESDroid
If you are feeling nostalgic and want to play those good old retro games, then you are going to require SNES Emulators, which lets you play those retro games on your Android device. Also, no need to worry about which emulator to use, as we have curated a list of best SNES Emulators, which lets you enjoy all those classic games on your Android device.
What is SNES Emulator?
SNES is the abbreviation for Super Nintendo Entertainment System, also popularly known as Super Nintendo. Super Nintendo is a 16-bit home video game console developed by Nintendo and released in the '90s in different countries. It was Nintendo’s second-generation console following Nintendo Entertainment System (NES).
Super Nintendo was a global success and became the best selling console in spite of facing intense competition from SEGA’s Genesis. Even after decades of its release, it continues to be popular among retro gamers. SNES Emulators are available for Android, and anyone can enjoy the SNES games on their Android smartphones by simply installing an application known as SNES Emulator. Here we have a list of best SNES emulators for Android.
Best SNES Emulators for Android
In this article, we have made a list of 7 best SNES emulators for Android, which you can download right now and enjoy the classic games like Super Mario World, Street Fighter, etc.
SuperRetro16 (SNES Emulator) - Best SNES Emulator
SuperRetro 16 is amongst the best Super Nintendo emulator for Android. SuperRetro 16 delivers full console experience on your Andoird device. Features like fast emulation with best game compatibility and easy to use interface make SuperRetro16 a compelling option for retro gamers. SuperRetro 16 also supports Chromecast streaming and has native Android TV support.
- Thousands of cheat codes.
- Support for Bluetooth controllers.
- Turbo mode to fast-forward games.
- Cloud syncing support for continuous play across devices
- Visual effects shaders (CRT Simulator and High-Quality 2x/3x)
- Advanced layout editor for on-screen controls
- Mouse support for selected games
- In-game walkthrough/guide integration
- Support for many ROM and compressed file formats
- Network multiplayer using WiFi or Bluetooth
Download SuperRetro16 (SNES Emulator)
John SNES Lite – SNES Emulator
John SNES Lite is a SNES emulator for Android 4.1 and above and is a well known SNES emulator for Android.
John SNES Lite Features
- Original SNES engine.
- High compatibility.
- Cheats (Game Genie/Pro Action Replay).
- High-quality rendering.
- Search game files in SDCard & Internal Storage.
- Virtual On-screen keypad
- Zipped file support
- Save States
- Customizable keys
- Turbo buttons
- Smooth sound
- Fast forward / Slow down (x0.25 - x16)
- Bluetooth/MOGA controller support
- Dropbox support
Download John SNES Lite – SNES Emulator
Emulator for SNES Free
Emulator for SNES Free is a great SNES emulator for the Android ecosystem with high compatibility. It provides one of the best gaming experience with high definition graphics and smooth gameplay.
Emulator for SNES Free Features
- A lot of custom game settings
- High quality best game graphics and sound
- Excellent support for Bluetooth controllers
- Great UI Design
- Quick load and save game state
- Support all SNES Games
- Cheats support
- State Slot Support
- Custom Virtual Gamepad
- Benchmark Games
Download Emulator for SNES Free
Snes9x EX+ is another great SNES emulator with near complete game compatibility on Android. This emulator is absolutely free, and many public-domain games like Bio Worm are available.
Snes9x EX+ Features
- Complete game compatibility
- Many public domain games available
- Transfer games to internal storage/SD card and browses them from within the app
- No Ads
- Many games available
Download Snes9x EX+
Matsu PSX Emulator – Multi Emu
Matsu PSX Emulator – Multi Emu is a multi-emulator application supporting multiple consoles on your Android device. It also supports various functions such as state save, fast forward, rewind, etc. Even though the Multi PSX emulator is free, there is no restriction on features offered in this emulator, which makes this preferred choice over other SNES emulators.
Multi PSX Emulator Features
- Supports multiple consoles
- Supports different functions
- No functional restriction
- State save.
- Fast forward.
Download Matsu PSX Emulator
RetroArch is one of the best all-in-one emulators for Android, which supports many consoles, including SNES. RetroArch comes with its built-in collection of applications to provide you with all the entertainment in one place. RetroArch has No push ads, No spying, No ads period.
- Eye-candy menus to choose from
- Scan files/directories and add them to game system collections
- View database information about each game once added to a collection
- Download programs online
- Play multiplayer with NetPlay
- Built-in input remapping
- Ability to remap controls
- Ability to enter and load cheats
- Multi-language support!
- Take screenshots, save states and more
- No DRM
- No restrictions on usage
SNESDroid is a perfect alternative to SNES emulators available for Android. SNESDroid is different from other emulators since almost all other emulators use SNES9x 1.4.3, which is significantly more efficient but sacrifices on the accuracy, audio quality, and game compatibility. SNESDroid is based on SNES9xNext, which is the PS3 adaptation of SNES9x and provides better audio and higher compatibility.
- Supports Android 2.X, 3.X, 4.X
- Multi-Touch (run and jump at the same time)
- Keyboard/Gamepad controller supported (Wiimote, SixAxis, etc.)
- Up to 5 player support via gamepadsCustom key bindings
- Fast Forward
- Move and resize the touch input controls
- Compressed archives (*.7z, *.zip)
- Custom ROM directory, RomFetcher support
- Shaders (mcgreen, hq2x, super eagle, 2xSaI, etc.)
The above are our choices for the best SNES emulators for Android. If you think we have missed any excellent SNES emulator, then do let us know in the comment section below.
Don't forget to share this list with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms.