Ever wanted to play the PS3 game but couldn’t? Now you can do that on your Android phone by using PS3 Emulator for Android. This emulator is created to give you Play Station 3 console experience on your Android device. Since Android devices are getting more powerful and efficient day by day, the need for Play Station or Xbox is decreasing. It is not that mobile phones are ready to replace consoles, but the gap between them gradually reduced over the years, thanks to the powerful mobile processors. Unlike consoles, smartphones make it easy to handle and carry around games without any burden.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is PS3?
- 2 What is PS3 Emulator for Android?
- 3 What is the need to use PS3 Emulator on Android?
- 4 Download PS3 Emulator for Android APK
- 5 Download PS3 Emulator BIOS File
- 6 How to use PS3 Emulator on Android?
- 7 How to increase the performance of PS3 Emulator Android
- 8 FAQ:
- 8.1 Is there any PS3 emulator for Android?
- 8.2 Can we play PS3 games on Android?
- 8.3 Can PS3 Emulator play PS2 games?
- 8.4 Is there any fee for playing PS3 games on Android?
- 8.5 Does it require root access to run this emulator?
- 8.6 Can I use PS3 Emulator on iPhone?
- 8.7 Can we play all PS3 games on this Emulator?
Here we placed together a guide on how to download and play Play Station specific games on your Android phone by installing an application called PS3 Emulator Android.
What is PS3?
Play Station 3 which is popularly known as PS3 is a video game console developed by Sony Computer Entertainment Pvt Ltd. It is one of the most popular gaming consoles Sony Entertainment has ever built. Play Station was mainly designed to compete against the likes of Microsoft’s Xbox 360 and Nintendo’s Wii.
What is PS3 Emulator for Android?
PS3 Emulator Android is an application that helps you play PS3 specific games on your android device with the help of some tweaks. This PS3 Emulator APK needs to be downloaded and installed on your Android device. After installing the emulator, when you launch it, you will see virtual keys that represent PS3 joystick buttons to emulate console-like experience on your Android phone.
What is the need to use PS3 Emulator on Android?
There are plenty of games available in the Android Play Store, but there are a lot of PS3 specific games that are not supported by the Android phone. Thus to experience these Play Station specific games on an Android phone, we use PS3 Emulator.
The PS3 Emulator Android is free to download and use, and the best part is it doesn't require root permissions.
Download PS3 Emulator for Android APK
File Name: ps3emulator.apk
Size: 1.04 MB
Android Version Supported: Android Kitkat 4.0 and above
Download PS3 Emulator BIOS File
File Name: SCPH1001.BIN
Size: 512 KB
How to use PS3 Emulator on Android?
- Download PS3 Emulator for Android APK.
- You also need to download the BIOS SCPH1001.BIN file.
- Now place your rom/iso/game on your phone. The supported file formats are .bin, .iso, .img, .php, .z, .znx, and .eboot. If your file is of any above mention format, go to step 6.
- If your rom is formatted as .zip, .7z, .rar, etc., you need to 'unzip' them. You'll need WinRAR software to unzip the files. While unzipping the file, check the folders to see if there is a file by name "data.bin.ecm". If you find the ECM file go to the next step else go to step 6.
- If you found the ECM file, you need to convert it into a playable format; you can use 'un-ECM for Droid'. If you are on PC, you need to download the ECM Program file to extract the .bin file.
- Make a folder on your PC called PS3. In that folder, create a folder called 'Bios' and a folder called 'Games'. Place the bios file in the Bios folder and game ROM in the Game folder. For every game, you need to create its specific folder.
- Plug your phone into the computer via USB cable, or you can place your SD Card in the card reader of your PC.
- Copy the PS3 folder we created to the SD Card. Once copied, unmount and unplug your card from your PC.
- Now load the PS3 Emulator.
- You will see a pop-up on-screen to specify the BIOS file.
- If not, then go into Menu -> Settings -> Select "BIOS file."
- Select the BIOS SCPH1001.BIN file you have downloaded earlier.
- Once Bios is selected, go to the ROM selection page and navigate to the folder we created for the game.
- Enjoy your game!
How to increase the performance of PS3 Emulator Android
- Disable Anti-aliasing on your device.
- Make sure you have disabled, precise CDrom.
- Use NTSU(US/Japanese) versions of games, if possible.
Is there any PS3 emulator for Android?
Yes! This article will guide you on how you can download and install the PS3 Emulator on Android.
Can we play PS3 games on Android?
Definitely, using PS3 Emulator Android, we can play many PS3 games on Android.
Can PS3 Emulator play PS2 games?
NO! You cannot play PS2 games on PS3 since PS2 is entirely different from PS3.
Is there any fee for playing PS3 games on Android?
PS3 Emulator for Android is completely free to download and use.
Does it require root access to run this emulator?
No Root access is required to run this Emulator.
Can I use PS3 Emulator on iPhone?
No! You cannot use this emulator on ios devices. It only works on Android.
Can we play all PS3 games on this Emulator?
You can only play light to medium PS3 titles on the emulator. However, games like GTA V, Uncharted 2, Assassin Creed IV may not be supported.
PS3 Emulator for Android is not a replacement for Play Station 3 console in any which way. Yes, it has its pros like it is portable, easy to use, and also has its fair share of cons, which includes gameplay, which may not be similar to that of Play Station 3. It may not be buttery smooth, and you can notice minor stutter or lags here and there. But let this not stop you from downloading and trying this fantastic PS3 Emulator on your Android phone.
We hope this article was helpful. Don’t forget to share this article with your gamer friends.
If you have any doubts or queries, comment down below.