This tutorial shows How to install CWM Recovery and Root Lenovo A6000 Android Smartphone
Lenovo A6000 was launched last month i.e., January and it is exclusively available on Flipkart with a price tag of Rs.6999. This device comes with some good specification at this price, which includes 5 inch HD display with 1280 x 720 pixels resolution, 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 MSM8916 Quad Core 64-bit processor, 1GB RAM, Adreno 306 GPU, 8GB internal storage with 32GB expansion slot, 8MP rear shooter and 2MP front facing camera. It is a Dual SIM mobile with 4G LTE support.
Those who have this device and looking to get most out of it by rooting it and installing Custom Recovery like CWM Recovery, then this guide is for you, as we will show you how to install CWM Recovery and Root Lenovo A6000 in this tutorial.
Before you actually proceed to install CWM Recovery and Root Lenovo A6000, you must follow the below listed Pre-Requisites to prepare Lenovo A6000 for the installation and rooting process and also to avoid interruptions in between process.
- Backup all of your important data, though rooting won’t erase any data, having a backup is always safe. To back up your data follow our backup guides:
Backup Media on internal storage by copying it to your PC
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging. If Developer Options is not located under settings then enable it by going to Settings > About Phone > Device Info and tap on Build Number for about 7-8 times. For more info you can follow our guide on how to enable USB Debugging here.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, before you proceed, so as to make sure the device won’t shut down in between the process, otherwise it may brick your device.
- Go to Settings > Security and enable Unknown Sources option.
- Download and install the Lenovo USB Drivers on your PC.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC from here.
Once you are all set with the above requisites, you can proceed to install CWM Recovery on Lenovo A6000. Once you have installed CWM Recovery you can proceed to Root Lenovo A6000.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to Lenovo A6000. So understand the risk in installing CMW Recovery and Rooting Lenovo A6000, and proceed at your own risk.
Copy the Rooting Package to your device’s SD card. Make sure to copy at the root of SD card, but not inside any folder.
How to install CWM Recovery on Lenovo A6000:
- Copy the downloaded recovery.img file to C:Program Files (x86)Minimal ADB and Fastboot or C:Program FilesMinimal ADB and Fastboot directory.
- Now connect your device to PC using OEM cable.
- Open the C:Program Files (x86)Minimal ADB and Fastboot directory and press and hold shift key and right click anywhere inside the folder at the empty space and choose open command window here.
- Now in CMD type:
If any device id or devices are shown in the above command then it represents that your device is connected successfully to PC.
- Now type :
adb reboot Bootloader
This will reboot your device into Bootloader / Fastboot Mode.
- Now type :
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
This will flash the recovery image on Lenovo A6000. Once flashed type the following command to reboot Lenovo A6000.
That’s all now you have successfully installed CWM Recovery on Lenovo A6000, now it’s time to root Lenovo A6000 and have some fun.
How to Root Lenovo A6000:
- Make sure you have copied rooting package to your device’s SD card. Copy it to root of SD card, but not inside any folder.
- Now in CMD type:
adb reboot recovery
This will boot Lenovo A6000 into Recovery Mode.
- Once you are in Recovery Mode, choose install zip from SD card and choose the rooting package and install it.
- Once installed, reboot Lenovo A6000 into normal mode.
- After reboot check for root permissions using Root Checker App.
That’s all now you have successfully Rooted Lenovo A6000 and also have CWM Recovery installed. Let us know in the comment section if you have any queries regarding how to Root Lenovo A6000. Do share this post with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus etc. and help them in rooting their Lenovo A6000.
🡇🡇 Latest Video on YouTube 🡇🡇