This tutorial describes how to install CWM/ TWRP Recovery and Root YU Yureka android smartphone – Guide
Earlier we have shared a tutorial on how to unlock Bootloader on YU Yureka and today we are going to guide you on how to install CWM/ TWRP Recovery and Root YU Yureka. Obviously most of you will think to root your device after unlocking Bootloader. Once you have rooted your Yureka you will be able to install Custom ROMs, Custom Kernels etc.
So without any further ado let’s proceed to install CWM/ TWRP Recovery and Root YU Yureka android smartphone.
- Backup all of your important data.
Backup and Restore SMS
Backup and Restore Call Logs
Backup and Restore Contacts
Backup files stored on internal storage on PC
- Enable USB Debugging.
- Charge your device to at least 75%.
- Unlock Bootloader on YU Yureka.
- Install Suitable USB Drivers on PC using PdaNet application. Once the drivers are installed kill the PdaNet application.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on PC.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible for any damage to your YU Yureka. So understand the risk involved and proceed at your own risk.
How to install CWM/ TWRP Recovery on YU Yureka:
- Download CWM Recovery or TWRP Recovery for Yureka from here.
- Copy the downloaded Recovery image to the Fastboot folder and rename it to “recovery-yu.img“.
- Power off YU Yureka.
- Connect it to PC as soon as you see the LED Notification press the Volume Up key to boot it into Fastboot / Bootloader mode. Haven’t got it go here.
- Open the Fastboot folder and press and hold the shift key and right click anywhere inside the Fastboot folder at the empty space and choose open command window here.
- Now in CMD type following command and hit enter.
fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery recovery-yu.img
- This will flash the CWM/ TWRP Recovery image on YU Yureka.
That’s all now you have successfully installed CWM/ TWRP Recovery on YU Yureka android smartphone, now it’s time to Root YU Yureka.
How to Root YU Yureka:
- Download the Rooting package from here.
- Copy it to your device’s SD card or internal storage. Make sure to copy at the root of SD card, but not inside any folder.
- Power off YU Yureka.
- Enter into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button. Haven’t got it go here.
- Now follow our guide on how to flash zip files using CWM/ TWRP Recovery and install the rooting package.
- Once done reboot your device and check for Root Permissions using Root Checker app.
That’s all now you have successfully installed CWM/ TWRP Recovery and Rooted YU Yureka android smartphone. Do let us know in the comment section if you have any queries regarding rooting YU Yureka and we will assist you on the same.
Do share this tutorial with your friends on Social networking sites and help them in installing CWM/ TWRP Recovery and rooting YU Yureka.