Worried about losing important data on Android? Then follow the steps listed in this tutorial to make a backup of your data. It is always recommended to create a backup of your data before you make any changes to your device like installing Custom Recovery, Rooting, and Installing Custom ROMs etc. So just follow the steps listed below on how to backup important data on Android.
Let’s backup your settings
Google Android offers the ability to backup certain things like Wireless network preferences, bookmarks, Custom Dictionary words to their servers using Google Account. So let’s now enable it.
- Go to Settings > Backup and reset.
- Check Back up my data and Automatic restore.
- Now go back and tap on Accounts & Sync and select your Google Account.
- Check all the boxes listed to ensure all the available data is synced and backed up.
- Tap on Sync now to start creating backup of the data right now.
Backup Media and Files stored on PC:
- Connect your device to PC. For this you need to have suitable Android USB Drivers installed on your PC. Download Android USB Drivers here.
- Open the device drive and choose Internal Storage.
- Select all the important data and copy it on your PC.
Backup Apps, SMS, Call Logs, Contacts, and Calendars etc.:
- Download Super Backup : SMS & Contacts (Link) on your Android device.
- Open the app from app drawer.
- Choose Apps from the options and make a backup of all the apps which you want.
- Similarly you can backup Contacts, Call Logs, SMS, Calendars, and Bookmarks etc. using this app.
Note: If the backup is created on internal storage it is recommended to copy it on your PC or SD card.