Are you trying to flash any KDZ/TOT/BIN firmware on your LG device using the LGUP flash tool, but the LGUP tool is not detecting your device? Many less popular LG devices aren't compatible, and the LGUP tool wouldn’t recognize these devices. To rectify this issue and make the process easier for the user, we use a simple tool known as the LG Uppercut Tool. In this guide, we'll show you how to install and use the LG Uppercut tool to flash the firmware on any LG device.
Table of Contents
What is the LGUP tool?
LGUP Tool is a Windows-only software developed by LG Electronics. The LGUP tool allows you to flash the KDZ/TOT/BIN format LG Stock firmware onto your LG devices. It is one of the simplest ways to install the latest Android firmware on LG devices. Not just that, the LGUP tool can also be used to force-upgrade or downgrade any LG device to a particular software version.
LGUP Tool - Features
- Simple to Use: It is a small tool that is easy to install and use on Windows PC. It makes flashing KDZ & TOT files very easy.
- Support All LG Phones: The LGUP tool supports almost all the available LG smartphones, including the latest and also upcoming LG phones.
- Multiple Options: The tool offers numerous options to choose from while flashing the firmware on LG phones such as refurbish, upgrade, and more.
What is the LG Uppercut tool?
The LG Uppercut tool is a straightforward and lightweight extension developed by autoprime, a recognized developer at XDA. The LG Uppercut tool makes the LGUP Tool work with almost any LG smartphone. With the help of this extension, the LGUP tool instantly recognizes the connected LG device. All you need to do is install the LGUP flash tool and then double-click on the Uppercut.exe, and LGUP Tool will open and detect your device, and you can quickly flash stock firmware or any experimental builds on your device.
Note: Some Antivirus software may detect the Uppercut tool as a virus threat. You can disable the antivirus software or ust ignore the message.
Download LGUP and UpperCut Tool
How to install LG Uppercut tool
- Download and install the LGUP tool on your PC.
- Connect your device to your PC and make sure that your LG device is shown in the Windows Device Manager under 'Ports' as an LG Serial COM port. Else you'll need to install LG USB Drivers.
- Now extract the downloaded LG Uppercut zip file. Once the extraction is complete, you will get the Uppercut.exe tool inside the extracted folder.
- Launch the Uppercut.exe file, and this will open the LGUP tool on your PC, and your LG smartphone will be detected.
- Now you can flash KDZ/TOT/DZ firmware on your LG smartphone using the LGUP Flash tool.
What is the LGUP tool?
LGUP is a Windows-only software that allows you to flash the KDZ/TOT/BIN format stock firmware onto your LG devices.
What is the Uppercut tool?
The LG Uppercut tool makes the LGUP Tool work with almost any LG smartphone.
Why is LG uppercut not working?
UPPERCUT requires LGUP v1.14 ( not LGUP v1.11 ) to function correctly. Also, you can try disabling the Antivirus on your PC.
What is KDZ?
KDZ is the format that LG uses for official firmware. All stock releases from LG are in KDZ format.
We hope this guide was helpful to you.
Don't forget to share this tool with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media.
For any queries and updates, ask us in the comments below.