Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 To 5.0 Lollipop
The Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 is launched as a dual SIM version of Galaxy Grand. Both the Android Smartphones were announced in December 2012 and available to purchase in the first Quarter of the next following year.
The device is currently running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS and there are no news regarding the update of the device. So for those who wanted to experience the latest operating system Android 5.0 Lollipop, here were brought easy tutorial. This is all happening by just installation of CyanogenMod 12 ROM which is based on Android 5.0 Lollipop.
Disclaimer: Installation of third party Custom ROM may create issues or sometimes even damage your device. So perform this guide at your own risk.
- Root your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos
- Make sure the battery level is more than 80%.
- Take backup of your entire device data.
- Switch USB Debugging from developers options.
How to install Android 5.0 Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos using CyanogenMod 12:
- Download CM12 ROM and Google Apps package to your PC. Do not unzip the files and copy the same to device SD card with the help of Standard USB cable.
- Now boot your device into CWM recovery. Perform a factory reset by selecting the option Wipe > Advanced Wipe > System > Wipe.
- After performing factory reset, go back to the main menu and choose “Install Zip from SD card”.
- Now select the CM12 zip file and flash it by tapping on “Swipe to Confirm Flash”. Wait for few minutes till the flashing process is completed.
- Repeat the same process to install the Google Apps File on your device.
- Again head back to main menu and select the option “Reboot” and confirm.
- Wait till the device is successfully reboot.
- That’s it! Now you will see that Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos has been successfully to Android 5.0 Lollipop CyanogenMod 12 ROM.
Ads by Yahoo