Android 5.0 Lollipop update for Micromax A106 Unite 2
Micromax A106 Unite 2, one of the most popular Android KitKat Android Smartphone now can be easily updated to Android 5.0 Lollipop custom ROM. The device is not expected to receive the official firmware update, but need not to worry. You can experience the latest Android OS by just following the below quick steps.
Android 5.0 Lollipop Key Features:
- Up to 4x performance improvements.
- A battery saver feature which extends device use by up to 90 mins.
- It has a faster, smoother and more powerful computing experience.
- Support for 64-bit SoCs using ARM, x86, and MIPS-based cores.
- OpenGL ES 3.1 and Android extension pack brings Android to the forefront of mobile graphics putting it on par with desktop and console class performance.
- Responsive, natural motion, realistic lighting and shadows, and familiar visual elements make it easier to navigate your device.
- Make sure to take back-up of your entire device data. Check here for proper back-up guide.
- The battery percentage in the device should be at at least 85%.
- Users have to make sure that the USB Debugging mode is enabled on the device.
How to Update Micromax A106 to Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM:
Step 1: Download Android 5.0 Lollipop custom ROM for Micromax A106 Unite 2 from the below links:
Step 2: As the size of the ROM is too large, we have divided the file into three part. After successful download, use the WINRAR to combine the three files into one and then extract the files into ZIP format.
Step 3: Install the ROM manager application from Google Play Store and also make sure CWM Recovery is installed on your device. Apart you can also use ROM installer application from JRummy Inc. by downloading from Play Store.
Step 4: Now with the help of standard USB cable, connect your Micromax A106 with PC and copy the “ROM.zip” file to the root folder of device storage.
Step 5: Now enter into recovery mode and go to ROM Manager and select backup/restore to back-up your information.
Step 6: Now perform total data erase by selecting Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Wipe data > Cache > Dalvik- Cache > System.
Step 7: After performing Wipe Dalvik-Cache, head back to recovery menu and flash Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM by selecting the “ROM.zip” file. Follow the onscreen instructions and reboot your Micromax A106 as soon the installation process is completed.
Step 8: Congratulations! You have successfully upgraded Micromax A106 to Android 5.0 Lollipop.
That’s the easy tutorial on How to upgrade Micromax Unite 2 A106 to Android 5.0 Lollipop (custom ROM). Any queries while installing the update, do let us know in the below comment section as we are always there to help you out. Subscribe for daily newsletter for latest Unite 2 A106 news, tips and tricks.
👇👇Latest Video on YouTube 👇👇