Herein Checkout how to install OxygenOS 2.1.4 on OnePlus One Android Smartphone.
OnePlus team has announced on the company’s official forum that the OxygenOS 2.1.4 is available for OnePlus One and this is the good news for the owners of the smartphone as they were complaining about no software updates for long period of time. Sadly the OxygenOS 2.1.4 will not be available via OTA, instead you have to manually install it on your device. So in this tutorial we will guide you on how to install OxygenOS 2.1.4 on OnePlus One Android Smartphone.
Before we proceed with the actual process of installing the OxygenOS 2.1.4 on OnePlus One, we must follow some the pre-requisites to prepare OnePlus One for the installation process.
- Backup all of your important data and stuff to safe place as installing OxygenOS 2.1.4 will wipe all of your data. Backup SMS | Contacts | Call Logs etc.
- Enable USB Debugging on OnePlus One from Developer Options.
- Make sure you are left with at least 75% charge on OnePlus One.
- Make sure you are on completely stock firmware with Stock Recovery as installing it via TWRP or any other Custom Recovery may wipe your radio and IMEI number.
- Download and install OnePlus One USB Drivers on PC.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on PC.
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damage to your OnePlus One. So proceed with the below installations steps at your own risk.
OxygenOS 2.1.4 – Download
OPO2.1.4_Patch_Win.zip – Download
How to install OxygenOS 2.1.4 on OnePlus One:
Step 1: Download the required files from the above downloads section.
Step 2: Extract the OPO2.1.4_Patch_Win.zip to a folder.
Step 3: Boot OnePlus One into Fastboot Mode.
- Power off OnePlus One.
- Press and hold Volume Up and Power button together until you are booted into Fastboot Mode.
Step 4: Once you are in Fastboot Mode, connect OnePlus One to PC.
Step 5: Run “AllInOne.bat” as administrator.
Step 6: Select option 1 to check the connection status. If the connection is good you will see the Device ID in the command window.
Step 7: Select option 2 to unlock bootloader on your device. If you already have unlocked bootloader then you can skip this step.
Step 8: Copy the OxygenOS 2.1.4 zip package to your device’s internal storage.
Step 9: Disconnect your device from PC and put it into Fastboot Mode again and connect it back to PC.
Step 10: Now the in the CMD window select option 3.
Step 11: Once it is done select option 4 and your device should boot into Recovery Mode.
Step 12: Inside the Recovery Mode choose wipe data and cache and perform the operation.
Step 13: Now choose “Install from local” and choose the OxygenOS 2.1.4 zip package and install it.
Step 14: Once installed, Choose Reboot and reboot your device into normal mode.
That’s it now you are done with installing OxygenOS 2.1.4 on OnePlus One and successfully updated your device with the latest firmware available.
Do share this tutorial with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus etc. and help them in updating OnePlus One to OxygenOS 2.1.4.
Have any questions? Ask them in the comment section below.
Ads by Yahoo