Earlier this year we shared a guide on how to install Xposed Framework on lollipop device and today we have brought the latest version Xposed framework for Lollipop devices with lot of improvements, which fixes the force close issue and other bugs. With the release of Android Lollipop firmware many popular Xposed modules have gone incompatible and this lead to very less modules available for the Lollipop users.
Just to recall, Xposed framework is the best ever modding framework which open the doors to various parts of customization. All it requires is a rotted Android smartphone with Xposed framework installed and it’s all set to customize various parts of your device. All this is done without touching a piece of code. The users who are familiar with Xposed framework, suggest it as the must have app on rooted device. It still has some bugs on Lollipop devices, which can be fixed in the future versions, overall it performs well on other earlier version of Android released earlier to Lollipop.
Xposed for Lollipop consists of two parts, Xposed framework and Xposed installer. Xposed framework contains all the binaries, while the Xposed Installer app manages various modules and settings.
Currently the Xposed framework is updated to v65 and the Xposed installer app is updated to 3.0 alpha3. Xposed framework as of now is available as flashable zip file which can be flashed from Recovery Mode.
Below are some of the changes implemented in Xposed Framework v65:
- Display the installed framework version in green, instead of a static hint about flashing the framework via recovery.
- Fix for incomplete logs on some devices.
- Fix for updated modules crashing until the next reboot.
- Ignore unknown parameters to avoid bootloops on some devices.
- Some other internal improvements.
- Some cherry-picked ART commits from AOSP.
- Allow hooking native methods.
- Several debugger fixes.
Developer has finally released the uninstallation zip, just in case if you want to revert back the changes, you can flash this zip package. The latest version supports arm64 and x86 devices as well. Developer stated that the Xposed for Android 5.1 will soon be released once all the bugs are nulled and he also stated that he won’t waste time on Android M developer builds. So the Nexus users running Android M are out of luck.
How to install Xposed Framework v65 on Android Lollipop Smartphone:
Xposed Installer app:
Download the Xposed installer app (XposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4.apk) and install it on your device like any other apk file.
Download the compatible Xposed framework for your device and flash it using a Custom Recovery.
- xposed-v65-sdk21-arm.zip (For 32-bit devices)
- xposed-v65-sdk21-arm64.zip (For 64-bit devices)
- xposed-v65-sdk21-x86.zip (For Intel x86 devices)
Xposed framework uninstaller:
If you want to revert back the changes made by the Xposed framework or just want to uninstall Xposed framework then just flash the Xposed uninstaller zip package using Custom Recovery and uninstall the Xposed installer app from Settings > Apps.
- xposed-uninstaller-arm.zip (For 32-bit devices)
- xposed-uninstaller-arm64.zip (For 64-bit devices)
- xposed-uninstaller-x86.zip (For Intel x86 devices)
So have you tried the Xposed framework v65 on your Lollipop device, then do share your experience in the comment section.
Ads by Yahoo