This exclusive tutorial lists steps on how to activate Jio 4G SIM from any 4G Mobile Handset
Earlier we have shared a tutorial on how to activate Unlimited Plan on Jio 4G which gives you unlimited 4G Data, Voice Calls, Video Calls, SMS and some premium services like Jio Play, Jio Beats etc. free for 3 months. We also shared a video on getting the Coupon code generated on any 4G handset, which can be used to get Jio 4G Sim from any nearest Reliance Digital Store. So if you haven’t got any Jio SIM then you can watch that video and get one for you. There were many people asking questions on how to activate Jio 4G SIM, so in this tutorial we are going to cover the steps on how to do it.
Update 1: Jio 4G Preview offer is now extended to few more Samsung devices and some LG devices. Below are the list of device models supported.
Samsung Devices: Galaxy A3, Galaxy A5, Galaxy A5 2016, Galaxy A5 Duos, Galaxy A7, Galaxy A7 2016, Galaxy A8, Galaxy Alpha, Galaxy Core Prime, Galaxy Grand Max, Galaxy J max, Galaxy J1 Ace, Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace, Galaxy J2, Galaxy J2 (2016), Galaxy J2 Pro, Galaxy J3, Galaxy J5, Galaxy J5 (2016), Galaxy J7, Galaxy J7 (2016), Galaxy K Zoom, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy Note 5 Duos, Galaxy Note 7, Galaxy Note Edge, Galaxy S 5 Plus, Galaxy S4, GALAXY S4 4G, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S5 Neo, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge, Galaxy S6 Edge Plus, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 Edge, Grand Prime, ON5, ON5 Pro, ON7 & ON7 Pro
LG Devices: K332 (K7 LTE), K520DY (Stylus 2), K520DY, H860 (LG G5), K500I (X Screen), K535D (Stylus 2 Plus), LGH630D (G4 Stylus 4G) & LGH 442 (LGC70 Spirit LTE)
After getting the Reliance Jio 4G SIM, you have to wait 2-3 days until you receive an SMS from Jio stating that your SIM is activated and is ready for tele verification. SMS will be received on alternate number which you have provided while getting the SIM.
Once you receive the SMS message, insert the SIM (Slot 1 Recommended) on any 4G Handset and change the Mobile network settings as follows:
- Preferred Network Type 4G
- If VoLTE is supported then enable it on your device.
Issues faced while activating Jio SIM and their solutions:
After inserting SIM on 4G Handset, people have complained about the below issues.
Issue 1: Jio SIM Doesn’t show any network, even after receiving activation message on alternate number.
Solution: This is because the LTE Bands used by Jio SIM are not supported by your Handset. Most probably Yureka users faced this issue. But some users got it working on their Yureka after activating their SIM for Data and calls using another mobile. So the solution is to use another mobile which supports LTE bands used by Jio 4G. Some supported mobiles are Redmi Note 3, Meizu M3 Note, Mi Max and many.
Issue 2: Jio SIM Shows network, but signal vanishes while calling 1977 and call hangs.
solution: The reason behind this issue is your 4G mobile doesn’t support VoLTE. To fix this issue make use of JioJion app and use it to call 1977 and activate your SIM. As your mobile doesn’t support VoLTE you have to depend on JioJoin app to make and receive calls and SMS.
Issue 3: Jio SIM doesn’t show any network even after choosing preferred network as 4G LTE.
solution: The cause for this issue is already answered above but there is also one solution which might solve the issue and this solution helped me get network signal on my Yureka mobile. After setting the preferred network as 4G, turn on Flight Mode for 20 seconds and disable it. Now go to network settings and choose Manually select Network. After the Network Scan is completed select Jio 4G or IND Jio or IND Jio 4G as your Network. This worked for me, but may not work for all. So do give it a try, as there is no harm in trying.
If you have followed the above steps and still facing the same issue, then below is the solution to activate Jio 4G SIM and this solution works 100%.
- Ask your friend who has Jio 4G SIM completely activated (both data and calls) to call 1977. Now the tele-verification automated call should ask to choose the language ask him to choose any language he/she prefers.
- Once the language is chosen, the automated call should notify that “your number is already tele-verified and to activate data services for any other Jio number please press 1”.
- Now press 1 and dial the Jio Number which you want to activate. Once the number is punched in, the system will repeat the number which you have entered, press 1 to confirm.
- Now the system should ask for last four digits of the ID Proof submitted while getting the SIM from Reliance Digital Store. Just enter the last four digits of the proof and the number will be activated and should now be able to access the data services.
- Now as the data service is activated use the JioJoin app or if VoLTE is supported use default Phone app and call 1977 to activate the Calls and SMS services on your mobile.
That’s it now you have successfully activated Jio 4G SIM. As the SIM is activated you would have received 2GB 4G Data, 100 mins Calls, and 100 SMS free on your Jio SIM, it can be checked using MyJio app. To activate unlimited plan on your Jio 4G SIM follow this tutorial.
We hope this tutorial was informative and do consider sharing it on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus etc. and help others activate Jio 4G SIM without any issues.
🡇🡇 Latest Video on YouTube 🡇🡇