In this tutorial checkout how to update Nexus 7 to Android 5.1 Lollipop LMY47D Factory Image – Guide
Google has just released the Android 5.1 Lollipop Factory images for Nexus 5, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 device and are available for download. The OTA update should have already being rolled out to Nexus 7 devices, but those who don’t want to wait can manually install the Factory Images and update Nexus 7 to Android 5.1 Lollipop.
If it is the first time you are installing the Factory image on your device you might not be aware of the few steps that are highly recommended for you to follow to prepare your device for the installation process and also to avoid mishaps. So follow the pre-requisites listed below and then proceed to update Nexus 7 to Android 5.1 Lollipop firmware via Factory Image.
- Make sure your device is Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) codenamed – “nakasi”.
- Backup all of your important data to a safe place.
Backup & Restore SMS
Backup & Restore Contacts
Backup & Restore Call Logs
Backup files on internal storage to PC
- Make sure your device is charged to at least 75%, before you proceed, as it will avoid unwanted shutdowns in between the installation process and prevents bricking.
- Enable USB Debugging on Nexus 7.
- Install USB Drivers suitable for your device on PC.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on PC.
Disclaimer: It is you, who is responsible for any damage to your Nexus 7. So proceed with the below steps at your own risk.
How to update Nexus 7 to Android 5.1 Lollipop LMY47D via Factory Image:
Step 1: Download the Android 5.1 Lollipop Factory Image on PC.
Step 2: Extract it to a folder and copy all the files to Fastboot folder.
Step 3: Power off Nexus 7.
Step 4: Connect it to PC using original USB cable.
Step 5: Enter into Fastboot / Bootloader Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously.
Step 6: Now depending on the OS your PC is running, follow the below steps:
- Windows: Run “flash-all.bat”
- MAC: Run “flash-all.sh” using Terminal
- Linux: Run “flash-all.sh”
Step 7: Once the installation is done, reboot your device, if it doesn’t automatically.
That’s it now you have successfully installed Android 5.1 Lollipop LMY47D Factory Image on Nexus 7. Do let us know in the comment section if you have any queries regarding updating Nexus 7 to Android 5.1 Lollipop.
Do share this tutorial on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus etc., and help your friends in updating Nexus 7 to Android 5.1 Lollipop.
👇👇Latest Video on YouTube 👇👇