This tutorial shows how to update Galaxy S6 G920F to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop XXU2BOFL official firmware – Guide
Samsung has started rolling out Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware to its latest Android flagship smartphone, Galaxy S6. The update is being rolled out via OTA and can be downloaded and installed from Settings > About Phone > Software updates. The update brings latest version of lollipop with performance improvements and other bug fixes. It is being rolled out with XXU2BOFL as build number. For any reason if you are having trouble updating your Galaxy S6 G920F to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop via OTA, then you can follow this guide and manually update your device to XXU2BOFL firmware.
As we have said the firmware is being rolled out with XXU2BOFL as build number and below are some of the details of the firmware.
XXU2BOFL Android 5.1.1 Firmware Details:
- Model SM-G920F
- Model name GALAXY S6
- Country Saudi Arabia
- Version Android 5.1.1
- Changelist 5012324
- Build date Mon, 22 Jun 2015 02:25:27 +0000
- Product code KSA
- PDA G920FXXU2BOFL
- CSC G920FOJV2BOEE
As the update is being rolled out via OTA, this might take some time to reach your region, if it is so, then you can follow this guide and manually update Galaxy S6 G920F to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop before it arrives to your device.
- This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F, don’t try it on other models.
- Make sure to create a backup of all of your data before you proceed. Backup SMS, Contacts, Call Logs etc.
- Enable USB Debugging on Galaxy S6.
- Install all the necessary Samsung USB Drivers on PC.
- Kill all the PC Suits running on your PC, to avoid interference while updating.
- Ensure that Galaxy S6 is left with at least 80% battery.
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damage to your Galaxy S6 G920F. If you can’t imagine the risk involved in following the below steps, don’t proceed. If you proceed with the below steps then you are at your own risk.
How to update Galaxy S6 G920F to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop XXU2BOFL firmware:
Step 1: Download the required files from the links provided below:
Step 2: Extract the firmware package to a folder on your desktop.
Step 3: Run Odin on PC as administrator.
Step 4: Boot Galaxy S6 G920F into Download Mode.
- Power off Galaxy S6 G920F.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power buttons simultaneously until warning message appears.
- Press Volume Up or Power button as written on warning message to enter into Download Mode.
Step 5: Follow the instructions listed here and flash the Android 5.1.1 G920FXXU2BOFL firmware files on Galaxy S6 G920F.
That’s all, Congratulations! Now you have successfully updated Galaxy S6 G920F to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop XXU2BOFL firmware. Do share this tut with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus and help them in updating Galaxy S6 G920F to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware.
Have any questions or queries? Leave them in the comment section below.