How to update Digiflip Pro XT811 tablet to Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS
It seems that Flipkart has given New Year gifts to Digiflip Pro XT811 tablets users by officially rolling out Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS update. The update is also rolling out to Digiflip Pro ET701 tablet. Both the tablets were announced back in August 2014 along with Digiflip Pro XT911, XT801 and XT901 Android tablet.
The update process of Digiflip Pro XT811 is quite simple and every users can update their device to Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS. If any problem arises it is advisable to reach the nearest service centre. The update process incudes two steps in which first step make the device eligible for KitKat update and other step updates the device to KitKat. So follow the below simple tutorial to Update Digiflip Pro XT811 tablet to Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS.
- Make sure the battery of the device is fully charged.
- Keep the tablet connected to power source during the update process.
- Backup all your personal files/ music/ photos before starting the update process.
- Ensure the tablet is connected to reliable data network. It is advisable to use WiFi over the update process.
- Please remove the Micro SD before starting with the tablet software update process.
Step 1 makes your device upgradable to Jelly Bean (Build no. XT811_V1_20141217_160943) from Jelly Bean (Build no. XT811_V1_20140815_185557). This step is necessary for preparing your device for KitKat update.
- Open any web browser on your tablet and go to URL http://img31a.flixcart.com/update.zip and click ‘Go’ button.
- A Package by name “update.zip” will starts downloading. Once the download is completed, open any file manager say ES File manager on your XT811 device.
- Now locate the downloaded zip file and copy the same by long pressing.
- Now paste the file to device SD card/ local folder.
- Open Settings > About tablet > System updates > Update from SDCARD storage.
- The device will power off as soon you select the file indicating the update process as started and reboot automatically once the software update is successful.
- Now your device would be updated to Jelly Bean with build number XT811_V1_20141217_160943. You can confirm by heading to Settings > About tabet > Build number.
This step updates your Digiflip Pro XT811 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS.
- Connect your Digiflip Pro XT811 to a high speed internet connection (better to use WiFi Connection) and click on the application “Software Update”.
- A new screen pop-ups stating that new updates are ready to be downloaded on your Android device. Click ‘OK’ to confirm.
- After the download completes, it will ask to install the updates, click on option ‘OK’.
- The device will reboot and install the Android KitKat update on your tablet automatically. Do not press any buttons or keys during the update process.
- Once the device reboots, you will get notification stating that “Update Successfully”
- You can also the Android version and build number by heading to Settings > About Tablet > Android Version. The version will be mentioned as 4.4.2 which is KitKat operating system.
You can also download update guide file from Flipkart which provides complete information along with relative images.