This tutorial shows how to update Android One device to Android 5.1 Lollipop firmware – Guide
Android One program was announced last year and according to this program the device manufacturers who are associated with Android One will launch devices with good specs with reasonable price for around $100. This program was first introduced in India and three OEMs partnered with Google and launched their devices i.e., Micromax Canvas A1, Spice Dream UNO and Karbonn Sparkle V in Indian market.
According to this program these devices will receive instant Android update, but it was not happened till now as these devices were still running on Android 4.4.4 KitKat. Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop was in the market for about few months now still the Android One devices which were promised to get software updates by Google haven’t received any update yet in India.
Android One devices in Indonesia recently received Android 5.1 Lollipop update and XDA member dkchalotra created a backup of it and shared on the forums. And the good news is that this rom is compatible with the Android One devices in India. So here we will guide you on how to update Android One device to Android 5.1 Lollipop.
- Backup all of your important data like SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, apps, files on internal storage etc.
- Charge your device to at least 75%.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options.
- Install PhilZ Recovery and Root Android One. PhilZ Recovery is must, as the ROM backup is created using PhilZ Recovery and to restore it we need PhilZ Recovery.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to your device. So undertand the risk involved and proceed at your own risk.
How to update Android One device to Android 5.1 Lollipop:
- Download the Android 5.1 Lollipop ROM backup file from here.
- Copy it to your device’s SD card.
- Power off Android One device.
- Enter into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Power buttons simultaneously until the device turns on. Now navigate to Recovery Mode using Volume up and select it using Volume Down.
- From PhilZ Recovery choose wipe /data.
- Now select Advance restore option.
- Select the ROM file and restore system and Boot only.
- Once done reboot your device and check the Android version from Settings > About Phone.
That’s all now you have updated Android One device to Android 5.1 Lollipop firmware. Do let us know in the comment section if you have any queries regarding updating Android One device to Android 5.1 Lollipop and we will assist you on the same.
Do share this tutorial on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus and let you friends update their Android One device to Android 5.1 Lollipop.
👇👇Latest Video on YouTube 👇👇