This tutorial lists steps on how to unlock bootloader on Lenovo ZUK Z1 CyanogenMod Smartphone
Lenovo ZUK Z1 is the latest Android Smartphone from Lenovo Mobiles. The device is powered by Cyanogen OS based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and it gives tuff competition to other devices like Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and LeTV Le1S etc. which are within its price range i.e., under 15k INR. Here in this tutorial are going to guide you on how to unlock Bootloader on Lenovo ZUK Z1 and this gives you the freedom to install Custom Recoveries and tinker with your device.
Before proceeding with the actual process of unlocking bootloader on Lenovo ZUK Z1, make sure to follow the pre-requisites listed below.
- The unlocking process listed in this tutorial is only for Lenovo ZUK Z1. Don’t try this method on other devices.
- Backup your phones data to a safe place, as unlocking bootloader wipes all of your data and settings.
Backup files stored on internal storage to PC
- Enable USB Debugging on Lenovo ZUK Z1 from Developer Options.
- Enable OEM Unlock option from Settings > Developer Options.
- Install required Lenovo USB Drivers on PC.
- Install and setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on PC.
- Make sure Lenovo ZUK Z1 is not running out of juice. Make sure it has at least 50% charge left before proceeding with the unlock process.
Unlocking Bootloader on Lenovo ZUK Z1 may void its warranty and should be done with extreme care. We the GizmoAdvices Team should not be held liable or responsible for any damage to your device. Proceed with the steps listed in this tutorial at your own risk.
Also Read: How to Install CM 13 ROM on Lenovo ZUK Z1
How to Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo ZUK Z1:
- Open the Fastboot folder on PC and press and hold the shift key and right click inside the folder the empty space and choose open command window here. If you have installed the ADB and Fastboot drivers system-wide then just open the command window on your PC.
- Connect Lenovo ZUK Z1 to PC using appropriate USB Cable.
- Now in CMD type the below commands:
This command displays the list of device connected to PC with USB Debugging enabled. A popup might appear on your Phone to authorize the PC to use USB Debugging. Just tap on Allow.
- Now boot Lenovo ZUK Z1 into Fastboot Mode by entering the below command:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once the device boots into Fastboot Mode – type the below command:
fastboot -i 0x2b4c oem unlock-go
This command unlocks the bootloader on your device and erases all of your data.
- Once the bootloader is unlocked the device will reboot and might take some time to boot.
With this you have successfully unlocked Bootloader on Lenovo ZUK Z1. Do share this tutorial with your friends on Social networking sites and help them in unlocking bootloader on Lenovo ZUK Z1.
Have any issues? Post them in the comment section below.
👇👇Latest Video on YouTube 👇👇