This tutorial shows how to unlock bootloader on LG V10 Android Smartphone – Complete Guide
LG V10 is the latest Android Smartphone from LG. The device features a 5.7 Inch IPS LCD Capacitive display with 2K resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 4 Protection on the top. It is powered by a Quad-core 1.44 GHz Cortex-A53 & dual-core 1.82 GHz Cortex-A57 Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor combined with 4GB RAM and 64GB internal Storage. It runs on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop out of the box and in this tutorial we will show you how to unlock bootloader on LG V10, so that you can root and install Custom ROM’s and Recovery on it.
So, without any further ado, let’s proceed and prepare LG V10 for the unlock process and then proceed to the actual unlocking process.
- Unlocking Bootloader resets your device to factory setting and wipes all of your data. So we have compiled some of the guides which might help you in backing up your important data.
Backup files on internal storage to PC
- Enable USB Debugging on LG V10.
- Enable Allow oem Unlock from Settings > Developer Options.
- Make sure LG V10 is left with at least 75% battery juice.
- Download and install the required USB Drivers for LG V10 on PC.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on PC. It is recommended to use 15 Seconds ADB installer and while installing make sure to install ADB and Fastboot drivers system wide.
Disclaimer: Unlocking Bootloader on LG V10 voids its warranty. So proceed with the below steps at your own risk and we are not responsible for any damage to your device.
How to Unlock Bootloader on LG V10:
Step 1: Power off LG V10 and boot into Fastboot Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously together until you see something on screen. Choose Fastboot if you are listed with options.
Step 2: Connect your device to PC using OEM cable which you got in the package.
Step 3: Open command prompt on your PC. If you haven’t installed Fastboot drivers system-wide then open the Fastboot folder and press and hold the shift key and right click inside the Fastboot folder at the empty space and choose open command window here.
Step 4: Now to make sure LG V10 is properly connected to PC issue the following command in CMD:
Step 5: Once you are sure that your device is properly connected to PC issue the below listed commands to unlock bootloader on LG V10.
fastboot oem unlock
This command wipes all of your data and settings and unlocks bootloader on LG V10.
This command boots LG V10 into normal mode.
With these you have successfully unlocked Bootloader on LG V10. Don’t forget to share it and comment below if you have any issues.
👇👇Latest Video on YouTube 👇👇