How to Install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy Note 2
The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Smartphone now can be updated to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop which is based upon CyanogenMod 12 custom ROM. It’s not yet confirmed that when the device receives Android 5.0 Lollipop update, but just to experience that we have shared the easy guide to update Galaxy Note 2 to Android Lollipop. Android 5.0 Firmware completely redefines your Smartphone and also gives the feeling that you have purchased new Smartphone. So let’s check the quick procedure to update Galaxy Note 2 to Android 5.0 Lollipop, before that have a look at the below required pre-requisites.
Disclaimer: We should not held responsible for any damage occurs to your Galaxy Note 2 Android device during or after the process. So understand the risk and continue the procedure.
- Make sure to take entire backup of personal data present on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 manually. Don’t use Samsung KIES or any desktop apps as it not works while restoring the data.
- Ensure USB Debugging Mode is enabled on your device. Also install “SuperSU” app from Google Play Store.
- Charge your device at least 80% to avoid power-off during the update process.
- Root and install Custom Recovery on Galaxy Note 2. To check whether your device has root access or not, just download the app called “Root Checker” from Google Play Store.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop OS
- Download Lollipop 5.0.2 Android OS Package for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and Google Apps Package in your computer.
- Connect your Galaxy Note 2 device to computer with standard USB cable to copy the downloaded files to device storage.
- Disconnect your Smartphone with computer and enter into recovery mode.
- To enter into recovery mode, turn your device off and then press the Volume Up + Menu button.
- From the main menu of recovery mode, select the option “install zip from SD card” and choose the Lollipop 5.0.2 Android OS package.
- After the installation of firmware files, repeat the same process for the installation of Gapps by selecting the Google Apps Package.
- After the successful installation of both the files, again head back to main menu and select “go back” and choose “reboot system now” for rebooting the Galaxy Note 2 in the normal mode. Don’t panic as the process takes 3-4 minutes to apply the update.
Any problems or issues while updating the Galaxy Note 2, do let us known in the below comment section as we always liked to help you out.