This tutorial shows how to Root Galaxy S6 SM-G920F, SM-G920T with CF-Auto-Root – Detailed Guide
Samsung has launched Galaxy S6 at MWC 2015, which was held earlier this month. It is the high end device with beast specs and features. If you got your hands on this beast and want to Root it to take more advantage of it, then here is the detailed guide on how to Root Galaxy S6.
As of now we have got CF-Auto-Root packages for the SM-G920F and SM-G920T variants, if you have rooting packages for other models then do share them with us and we will update this tutorial.
Let’s proceed below and Root Galaxy S6 using CF-Auto-Root from Chainfire after following the pre-requisites.
- Make sure your device model is SM-G920F or SM-G920T.
- Create a backup of all of your important data to safe place.
Backup & Restore Contacts
Backup & Restore SMS
Backup & Restore Call Logs
Backup files on internal storage to PC
- Make sure your device is charged to at least 75%.
- Enable USB Debugging on Galaxy S6.
- Backup EFS Data.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on PC.
- Close or Kill all the Samsung PC Suites like Samsung Kies, so that they won’t interfere with your device while rooting.
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damage occurred to your Galaxy S6 and moreover rooting an Android device voids its warranty. So we recommended you to proceed with the below steps only when you are familiar with what you are doing.
Recommended Reading: How to Root Galaxy S6 Edge [CF-Auto-Root]
How to Root Galaxy S6 using CF-Auto-Root:
Step 1: Run Odin Flash Tool on PC as administrator.
Step 2: Extract the CF-Auto-Root package and obtain .tar.md5 file.
Step 3: Boot Galaxy S6 into Download Mode.
- Power off Galaxy S6.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power buttons simultaneously until you see warning screen.
- Now press either Volume Up or Power button as described on warning screen to enter into Download Mode.
Step 4: Connect Galaxy S6 to PC using OEM USB cable, while the device is still in Download Mode.
Step 5: Now follow Odin Flash Guide and flash the CF-Auto-Root Package.
Step 6: Once flashed, reboot your device and check for Root permissions using Root Checker App.
That’s it now you have done with Rooting of Galaxy S6. Do let us know if you face any difficulties while trying to Root Galaxy S6 and we will assist you on the same.
Do share this tutorial with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus etc. and let them know how to Root Galaxy S6.