This tutorial shows how to install TWRP Recovery and Root Galaxy Note 7 All Models (SM-N930F, SM-N930FD, SM-N930K, SM-N930L, SM-N930S)
Now we can easily Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Note 7. Samsung Galaxy Note 7 is the latest flagship Android Smartphone from Samsung and it packs some beast hardware specifications and software features. The unofficial TWRP Recovery for Galaxy Note 7 is already available and all thanks to XDA Junior Member WolfW for coming up with the Custom Recovery. In this tutorial we will guide you on how to install TWRP Recovery and Root Galaxy Note 7 Android Smartphone.
This tutorial includes the installation of TWRP recovery on Galaxy Note 7 which helps in flashing the SuperSU zip package to Root the device. Follow the steps listed below to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Galaxy Note 7.
Rooting Galaxy Note 7 allows you to install Custom ROM’s, zip mods etc. Once rooted you can customize your Galaxy Note 7 with the help of Xposed Framework. Rooting open many possibilities to Customize and add functionalities to Galaxy Note 7. So let’s now proceed further and see how to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Note 7.
Warning: Installing Custom Recovery on Galaxy Note 7 will trip the Knox Warranty. It will void your device warranty and you won’t be able to claim back.
- This method works on Exynos Model of Galaxy Note 7. So don’t try it on other models. Otherwise it may brick your device.
- Backup all the important data on phone to safe place.
Backup files on internal storage to PC
- Make sure Galaxy Note 7 is left with at least 60-70% charge before you proceed.
- Enable USB Debugging on Galaxy Note 7 from Settings > Developer Options. Developer Options missing? Follow the instructions listed here.
- Enable OEM Unlock from Settings > Developer Options.
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on PC.
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damage to your Galaxy Note 7. Proceed with the below listed steps at your own risk.
- Latest version of Odin Flash Tool
- TWRP Recovery for Galaxy Note 7 – Link (TWRP Recovery is still in testing phase and developer has removed it from the official thread as it haven’t worked for everyone. If you still want to try this then proceed at your own risk)
Update: Officla TWRP Recovery is available for Galaxy Note 7 - Download
How to install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Note 7:
Step 1: Download the latest version of Odin from the above downloads section and run it on PC.
Step 2: Boot Galaxy Note 7 into Download Mode by power off the device and pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons simultaneously together. Now Press Volume Up to confirm boot into Download Mode.
Step 3: Connect Galaxy Note 7 to PC using appropriate USB Cable.
Step 4: Make sure only Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options are only checked.
Step 5: Follow the instructions listed here and install TWRP Recovery image on Galaxy Note 7.
That’s it with the installation of TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Note 7. Now let’s proceed and Root Galaxy Note 7.
How to Root Galaxy Note 7:
Step 1: Copy SuperSU and dm-verify and force encryption disabler packages to your device’s internal or external storage.
Step 2: Boot Galaxy Note 7 into Recovery Mode.
- Power off Galaxy Note 7.
- Press and Hold Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously together.
Step 3: In TWRP Recovery go to wipe section and do a Factory Reset.
Step 4: Now follow the instructions listed here and install dm-verify and force encryption disabler Package.
Step 5: Reboot Galaxy Note 7 and boot into Recovery Mode again.
Step 6: Now install SuperSU package and reboot the device.
Step 7: Check for Root Permissions using Root Checker App.
Congratulations! Now you have successfully install TWRP Recovery and Rooted Galaxy Note 7. Do share this tutorial on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus etc. and help others in installing TWRP Recovery and Root Galaxy Note 7.
Have any questions, then comment below.
Source - XDA