Checkout the steps on how to download and install OxygenOS 3.1.0 on OnePlus X (Marshmallow based Community Build)
OxygenOS 3.1.0 Marshmallow based firmware for OnePlus X is available for download. OnePlus X earlier received Oxygen OS 2.2.2 firmware update which was based on Android Lollipop and it’s users were not that satisfied with the update because Marshmallow as already in the market for a long time. So OnePlus came out with Oxygen OS 3.1.0 for OnePlus X which brings Android Marshmallow and its features to the device. The update is OTA eligible and will be rolled out once it is ready, as of now the update is available for download as Community Build. If you can’t wait for OxygenOS 3.1.0 OTA update then just proceed below to download and manually install OxygenOS 3.1.0 on OnePlus X.
As the Oxygen OS 3.1.0 is in community build it might contain some bugs. If you are advance Android user then and want to have early access to Marshmallow on OnePlus X, then proceed below and install it manually. If you encounter any bug then report them to OnePlus Community, which helps them in fixing it and release the finally version soon.
OxygenOS 3.1.0 Features and Changelog:
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Launcher upgrades
- New icon packs
- Google search bar UI customization
- New wallpaper picker
- Shelf UX improvements
- Long press boards to rearrange or remove
- General system performance improvement
- Settings changes
- New (native Android) app permissions
- Alert Slider settings with more customization options
- New apps
- OnePlus Music Player
- OnePlus Gallery
- August 1 security patches for Android
- Mobile network stability issues in some regions
- Some 3rd party apps may experience some compatibility issues
- Language localization is still being improved
- This Oxygen OS 3.1.0 Marshmallow firmware is for only OnePlus X.
- Make sure you have Oxygen Recovery installed on your device. Custom Recoveries may also work but we are not sure about it. Proceed with the Custom Recovery at your own risk.
- Charge OnePlus X to at least 75%.
- Enable USB Debugging from Settings > Developer Options.
- Take a complete backup of your device before you proceed. Backup SMS, Contacts, Call Logs etc. or create Nandroid Backup if Custom Recovery is installed.
- Install Suitable OnePlus USB Drivers on PC.
Download OxygenOS 3.1.0 for OnePlus X (Marshmallow update):
Note: Official link was not available any more as the OnePlus has reached the desired number of beta testers, so the download has been disabled.
How to install OxygenOS 3.1.0 on OnePlus X:
Step 1: Download the OxygenOS 3.1.0 firmware for OnePlus X from the above links.
Step 2: Transfer the Firmware package to internal storage of OnePlus X.
Step 3: Boot OnePlus X into Recovery Mode.
- Power off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons together.
Step 4: In Recovery Mode select Install from local / Install from SD.
Step 5: Select the Oxygen OS 3.1.0 Zip package and tap on Install.
Step 6: Wait for the installation to complete.
Step 7: Reboot and check firmware version from Settings > About Phone.
This was the complete guide on how to install OxygenOS 3.1.0 on OnePlus X manually. Have any questions? Post them in the comment section below.
Source - OnePlus