In this tutorial checkout how to update Xperia M to Android 7.0 Nougat using AOSP 7.0 Nougat ROM
Unofficial AOSP 7.0 Nougat ROM is available for Xperia M and it can be used to update Xperia M to Android 7.0 Nougat. Earlier we have shared AOSP 7.0 ROM for Xperia SP and today we will guide you on how to install AOSP 7.0 Nougat ROM on Xperia M. AOSP 7.0 Nougat ROM for Xperia M is in initial build and it was released by XDA senior member fire855. As this is a custom ROM you need to have Root access and custom Recovery installed on your device. Once you meet these requirements you can proceed below to download and install AOSP 7.0 Nougat ROM on Xperia M.
As the AOSP 7.0 ROM for Xperia M is in initial alpha build it misses many features, but it is usable as a daily driver. It might also contain bugs which will be fixed as the time passes. Apart from all these you can enjoy Android 7.0 Nougat on Xperia M. So without any further ado, let’s now proceed to download and install AOSP 7.0 Nougat ROM on Xperia M.
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
- Camera (photos only)
- Audio and video
- Bluetooth & Bluetooth Audio
- OpenGL rendering
- Sensors (accelerometer,compass,light,proximity)
- Auto brightness
- Notification led
- Mtp/ptp working same as 6.0
- Stock music app is total buggy – use 3rd party app
- No leds during boot
- No support for Xperia M dual
- This ROM is only for Xperia M, don’t try to install it on other devices.
- AOSP only works on 4.3 baseband. If you are on older baseband/ firmware then follow this tutorial.
- Backup your important data.
- Enable USB Debugging from Settings > Developer Options.
- Charge the device to at least 75%.
- Install TWRP Recovery and Root Xperia M – Link.
- Create a Nandroid Backup.
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damage to your Xperia M. Proceed with the below installation steps at your own risk.
AOSP 7.0 ROM for Xperia M – Download
How to install AOSP 7.0 Nougat ROM on Xperia M:
Step 1: Download both ROM and Gapps package from the above links.
Step 2: Copy both the files to the internal storage of Xperia M.
Step 3: Boot Xperia M into TWRP Recovery. How?
- Power off Xperia M.
- Press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons together.
Step 4: Follow the instructions listed here and install ROM package and then Gapps package.
Step 5: Wipe Data, Cache and Dalvik Cache.
Step 6: Reboot.
This is the complete guide on how to install AOSP 7.0 ROM and update Xperia M to Android 7.0 Nougat firmware. Do consider sharing this tutorial on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus etc. and help other in installing AOSP 7.0 Nougat ROM on Xperia M.
Have any queries? Post them in the comment section below.
Source - XDA