This tutorial shows how to install Xposed Framework on Lollipop and also check the list of supported Xposed Modules that work on Lollipop.
Xposed Framework is the most popular framework which opens the possibility of customizing the Android device without knowing even single line of code. Xposed Framework requires rooted device and once it is installed you have tons of option to customize your device using Xposed modules.
The developer of the Xposed Framework, rovo89, has now made Xposed Framework for Lollipop official and it is now available for download and to be tested on Lollipop devices. It is still in alpha stage so there is not much to get excited as it includes lot of bugs and some modules might not work on your Lollipop device and the good part is that developer is aware of this and is working hard to make it fully functional.
So if you have Android device running on Android 5.0 Lollipop and is rooted then you can install the Xposed Framework on your device and open the gates to customize the device as you wish. So let’s proceed further and see how to install Xposed Framework on Lollipop.
- XposedBridgeApi-20150213.jar (New Xposed API for developing modules)
How to install Xposed Framework on Lollipop:
- Download the required files from the above downloads section.
- Transfer Xposed zip and app files to your devices SD card or internal storage. Make sure to copy at the root of SD card.
- Power off your device and boot into Recovery Mode and flash the Xposed zip package. Follow the guide here.
- Once flashed reboot your device into normal mode.
- After flashing the framework and rebooting the device, the first boot may take some time. If the boot time is more than 15-20 minutes then you have ended up in a boot loop.
- Once the device is successfully booted, install the Xposed apk app file.
- Open the Xposed Framework app and start customizing your device.
That’s it, just now you have installed Xposed Framework on Lollipop device. Now start downloading modules to customize your device.
As the Xposed Framework for Lollipop is still in alpha stage, most the modules might not work and we have compiled some working Xposed modules for Lollipop.
- Advanced Power Menu – XDA Forum | Xposed Repo
- All Notifications Expanded – XDA Forum | Xposed Repo
- App Settings – XDA Forum | Xposed Repo
- Boot Manager – XDA Forum | Xposed Repo
- RootCloak – XDA Forum | Xposed Repo
- WhatsAppX – XDA Forum | Xposed Repo
- XBlast Tools – XDA Forum | Xposed Repo
- XHangouts – XDA Forum | Xposed Repo
- Xposed GEL Settings – XDA Forum | Xposed Repo
- XPrivacy – XDA Forum | Xposed Repo
- XToast – XDA Forum | Xposed Repo
Follow the updated list of working Xposed Modules on Lollipop from the Google sheet created by amit3880 of XDA.
Have you found any other working Xposed Module on Lollipop? Then do share them with us in the comment section below.
👇👇Latest Video on YouTube 👇👇