Download and Install Android 5.0 Lollipop on Xiaomi Mi3 (Update via CM12 ROM)
Xiaomi is one of the most rapidly growing company in terms of Android Smartphone manufacturing. The company recently came up with many popular devices which has great demand in China as well as in the Global market. But one small reason that Xiaomi includes in its slow development is that Xiaomi doesn’t publish the source code for their kernels.
But here is good news for all Xiaomi Mi3 users, that the device has received Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update via CyanogenMod 12 ROM. This all happens with the great efforts of Android developers at XDA. As the ROM is not stable, there is issues with Bluetooth, NFC, USB-OTG and Camcorder not able to save. Also How to Hard Reset Xiaomi Mi3, Mi4, Redmi 1S & Redmi Note Android Smartphones
So for those all Xiaomi Mi3 users who really wants to update the device to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop, here we shared easy tutorial. So follow the steps below to update Xiaomi Mi3 to Android 5.0 Lollipop CM12 ROM.
Disclaimer: We should not held responsible for any damage occurs to your Xiaomi Mi3 Android device during or after the process. So understand the risk and continue the procedure.
- Make sure to take entire backup of personal data on the phone.
- Ensure USB Debugging Mode is enabled on your device.
- Charge your device at least 80% to avoid power-off during the update process.
- Root and install Custom Recovery on Xiaomi Mi3.
How to Install Android 5.0 Lollipop CM 12 ROM on Xiaomi Mi3 Android Phone
- Download Android 5.0 Lollipop CM 12 and Google Apps package to your PC.
- Copy the same to root folder of your device SD card or internal storage.
- Reboot your device into Recovery mode and delete all the device data by selecting Wipe data, cache and dalvik cache.
- Now head back to recovery main menu and select the option ‘Install zip from SD card’. Here select the Android 5.0 Lollipop based CM 12 ROM file to flash on your device.
- Repeat the same steps to install Google Apps Package on your device.
- Once done, Go back and select ‘Reboot System Now’. There you go! Android 5.0 Lollipop has been installed on your Xiaomi Mi3.
Do let us know your experience with Android 5.0.2 Lollipop OS after installing on your Xiaomi Mi3.
- Update Xiaomi Redmi 1S to Android 5.0 Lollipop (RedMe Xtreme Custom ROM)
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Mokee ROM for Xiaomi Redmi 1S- Installation Guide
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S Whatsapp Contacts issue (display) solved