Xiaomi is the best developing Smartphone brand in the present day life. The company is known for launching high-end specifications Smartphone at reasonable pricing. Recently Xiaomi has launched Mi3, Redmi 1S and Redmi Note in India. From the three, only 2 devices were available to purchase in India i.e. Mi3 and Redmi 1S. However the sales of Redmi 1S has been discontinued but the Redmi 1S is still available to purchase exclusively on Flipkart.
The Chinese manufacturers has well designed the Smartphone and comes with MIUI on top. If your device is running on MIUI V5 and like to use the “OK Google” feature, then this guide will sure help you out. With this feature you can call your friends, search the web, and launch the application without touching the device screen. To launch things just speak to your Xiaomi device with commands like search, launch apps, get directions, call contacts and send messages.
Note: This method is for Xiaomi devices running on MIUI V5. If your version is different then there is possibility that the steps and below screenshots varies.
Guide to use “OK Google” feature on Xiaomi Phones running on MIUI V5
1. Make sure that latest version of Google Search is installed on your Xiaomi Smartphone.
2. Now launch the Google Search app. There are two methods to launch the application. One directly from the home screen by tapping the Google Search bar and other from the Menu button of home screen.
3. Tap Menu Button and then Settings. Check the below image to launch from the Menu button.
4. After launching the Google Search app, say “OK Google” or touch the microphone icon.
5. That’s it, now you can say Google what to do. If you have any problems with the app, give the command “Help” to Google.
Any queries regarding the app, lets us know by leaving a comment below.