This tutorial shows how to update Xiaomi Redmi 1S to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware via CyanogenMod 12 ROM
Xiaomi Redmi 1S is the most selling smartphone in India and it still gets sold out in seconds via Flipkart, this shows how trending is this device. Xiaomi Redmi 1S is budget Android Smartphone, which comes with some good specs. Earlier we have shared tutorial on how to update Xiaomi Redmi 1S to Android 5.0 Lollipop using RedMe Xtreme ROM and Mokee ROM and today we will guide you on updating Xiaomi Redmi 1S to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop using the famous CyanogenMod 12 ROM.
CyanogenMod 12 Custom ROM for Xiaomi Redmi 1S is developed by XDA developer jsevi83, so let’s all thank him for sharing this beautiful ROM with us and letting us taste the sweetness of Lollipop. So let’s proceed and update Xiaomi Redmi 1S to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop.
- Backup your important data to safe place as installing this ROM will wipe all of your data and settings.
Backup and Restore SMS
Backup and Restore Contacts
Backup and Restore Call Logs
Backup files on internal storage to PC
- Make sure to enable USB Debugging on Xiaomi Redmi 1S from Developer Options. How? Watch here.
- Charge Redmi 1S to at least 75%, so it won’t run out of juice in between the update process.
- Make sure your device is Rooted, check for root permissions using Root Checker app.
- Install CWM or TWRP Custom Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 1S.
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damage occurred to your Xiaomi Redmi 1S. So understand the risk involved in following below steps and proceed at your own risk.
CyanogenMod 12.0 ROM – Link
How to update Xiaomi Redmi 1S to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware:
Step 1: Download the CM 12 ROM and GAPPS packages from the above links and transfer them to the root of your device’s SD card.
Step 2: Boot Redmi 1S into Recovery Mode.
- Power off Redmi 1S.
- Press Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously at the same time. Watch here.
Step 3: Install CM 12 ROM and then GAPPS Package using Custom Recovery. How? Go here.
Step 4: Reboot your device into normal mode and check for Android version under Settings > About Phone.
That’s all now you have successfully updated Xiaomi Redmi 1S to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop using CM 12 ROM. Do share this tutorial with your friends and help them in updating Xiaomi Redmi 1S to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop.
Have any issues, then do let us know in the comment section below.
🡇🡇 Latest Video on YouTube 🡇🡇