In this tutorial checkout how to update Nexus 6 to Android 5.1 Lollipop LMY47D firmware via Factory images – Guide
Earlier Google released Android 5.1 Lollipop factory images for Nexus 5, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 devices and now it is also made available for Nexus 6 device. So as the Android 5.1 Lollipop Factory image with LMY47D Build is available for Nexus 6 we have brought a guide on how to update Nexus 6 to Android 5.1 Lollipop.
As of now Android 5.1 Lollipop factory images are released by Google and OTA update will roll out anytime soon. So if you are planning to update your Nexus 6 via OTA, then you have to wait for few more days, but if you can’t then you can manually update Nexus 6 to Android 5.1 Lollipop using the Factory image.
So let’s proceed and update Nexus 6 to Android 5.1 Lollipop after prepare it for the installation and update process, by following the below listed pre-requisite.
- Make sure your device is Nexus 6, codenamed – “shamu”.
- Backup all the important data to a safe place, so that we won’t lose the data.
Backup files stored on internal storage to PC
- Enable USB Debugging on Nexus 6.
- Charge Nexus 6 to at least 75%, before proceeding with the update process.
- Download and install USB Drivers suitable for Nexus 6 on PC.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on PC.
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damage to your Nexus 6. So understand the risk involved and proceed at your own risk.
How to update Nexus 6 to Android 5.1 Lollipop LMY47D Lollipop firmware:
Step 1: Download the Android 5.1 LMY47D Factory image for Nexus 6 on PC.
Step 2: Extract the firmware package to a folder on PC.
Step 3: Boot Nexus 6 into Fastboot / Bootloader Mode.
- Power off Nexus 6 and wait for about 10-15 seconds.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Power button until you see Fastboot Mode.
Step 4: Connect your device to PC.
Step 5: Now based on OS you are running on PC, follow the below steps.
- Windows: Run “flash-all.bat”
- Mac: Run “flash-all.sh” using terminal
- Linux: Run “flash-all.sh”
Step 6: Follow the onscreen instructions and reboot your device once finished.
That’s it now you have updated Nexus 6 to Android 5.1 Lollipop LMY47D Factory Image. Do share this tutorial with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus etc. and help your friends in updating Nexus 6 to Android 5.1 Lollipop.
Ads by Yahoo