In this tutorial checkout how to manually update Moto E to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop official firmware – Guide
Motorola has started rolling out Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update for Moto E as a soak test for users in Brazil and India. This update is rolled out as a soak test to some users and based on their feedback and bugs reported changes will be made and then the update will be roll out widely. If you have Moto E and can’t wait to taste Android 5.0 Lollipop, no matter whether it is a soak test, then you can follow this guide manually update Moto E to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop via Official soak test firmware.
- This method is tested on Indian Moto E running on Android 4.4.4 KitKat with locked Bootloader, unrooted and fully stock.
- Charge your device to at least 75-80% as this update might take long time.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- You must have at least 500MB space available on internal storage.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to Moto E. So try this at your own risk.
How to update Moto E to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware:
- Download the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware for Moto E from here.
- Copy the downloaded file to the root directory of your external SD card (might also work with the internal storage).
- Update Motorola Update Services and Motorola Contextual Services from Play Store.
- Now go to Settings > About Phone > Software Updates and check for updates.
Note: If you get ‘Your software is up to date’ message then boot your device into Stock Recovery Mode and wipe cache partition and then reboot your device and check for software update.
- Now when you see Yes, I’m in and install the update. Update process may take some time, so please be patience and wait for the update to install successfully.
That’s all now you have successfully updated Moto E to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware. Have you installed Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on Moto E? Then do let us know about your experience in the comment section below.
Do share this tutorial with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus etc. and let your friends update their Moto E to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop.
Ads by Yahoo