Here in this guide checkout how to manually update Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Wi-Fi SM-T800 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware – Guide
Samsung launched the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Wi-Fi SM-T800 back in July 2014 and it runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat out of the box. Galaxy Tab S 10.5 features a 10.5 inches Super AMOLED display with 2560 x 1600 pixels resolution. The processor under the hood is Quad-Core Cortex-A15 and Cortex-A7 clocked at 1.9 GHz and 1.3 GHz respectively. The device comes with 3GB RAM and 16GB / 32GB internal storage options along with microSD card with support up to 128GB. It is powered by 7900mAh battery and comes with 8MP rear camera and 2.1 MP front facing camera.
Galaxy Tab S 10.5 is available in two variants one is LTE variant with SM-T805 as the model no and the other is Wi-Fi only variant with SM-T800 as model no. Galaxy Tab S 10.5 running on Android 5.0 Lollipop was first spotted at MWC 2015 and since then the user have been waiting eagerly waiting for the update to rollout and now finally the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update is available for Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Wi-Fi variant.
Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Wi-Fi SM-T800 has started receiving the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update recently and it is approx. 930 MB in size. The update is currently being rolled out in France, Canada and US regions and it will soon be available for other regions. If you are waiting eagerly to update your Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Wi-Fi SM-T800 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop then this guide is for you as this guide explains how to manually update Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Wi-Fi SM-T800 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop.
- Backup all the important data like SMS, Contacts, Call Logs and files on internal storage to PC.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Wi-Fi SM-T800. Don’t know how? Visit here.
- Charge your device to at least 75% before you proceed to update process.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on PC from here.
- Kill Samsung Kies and other PC suits using Task Manager, so that they won’t interfere with the update process.
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damage to your Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Wi-Fi SM-T800. So understand the risk involved and proceed at your own risk.
Manually update Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Wi-Fi SM-T800 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop:
Step 1: Download the suitable firmware for your device from the above links. If your device is not locked to carrier then download the firmware for France and if it is locked to carrier then download the firmware meant for your carrier.
Step 2: Run Odin Flash Tool on PC as administrator.
Step 3: Enter Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Wi-Fi SM-T800 into Download Mode.
- Power off Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Wi-Fi SM-T800.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power buttons simultaneously until you see warning message.
- Now press either Volume up or power button to enter into Download Mode, as written in the warning message.
Step 4: Flash the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware files on Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Wi-Fi SM-T800 using Odin.
Step 5: Reboot your device and check for Android version from Settings > About Phone.
That’s it, now you have successfully updated Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Wi-Fi SM-T800 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. Do share this tutorial with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus etc. and help them in updating Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Wi-Fi SM-T800 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop.
Do let us know in the comment section if you face any queries during update process.
🡇🡇 Latest Video on YouTube 🡇🡇