In this tutorial checkout how to update Galaxy Note Edge to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop using leaked ROM – Guide
Similar to the earlier news of Galaxy Note 3 leaked ROM, we now have Android 5.0.1 Lollipop ROM leaked for Galaxy Note Edge. This ROM is a beta build and is supported by Galaxy Note Edge N915FY and N915F models. After installing this ROM on Galaxy Note Edge you will be updated to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware with Build number XXU1BOA2 and it doesn’t trip knox.
So if you are a Galaxy Note Edge owner or user then you can install this ROM on your device and experience Android 5.0.1 Lollipop with material design and other features. According to Beukhof1, an XDA senior member this ROM functions smoothly and he haven’t had any problems yet. Though you may find the bugs as still it is in beta state, if you having more issues then you can always downgrade back to Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware.
If you are ready and eager to try out Android 5.0.1 Lollipop on Galaxy Note Edge N915FY / N915F, then without any further ado let’s proceed to update Galaxy Note Edge to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop XXU1BOA2 firmware. Before we jump directly to the update process, let’s have a look at the pre-requisites.
- Backup your important data like SMS, contacts, Call Logs etc. by following backup guides:
Backup Media on internal storage by copying it to your PC
- Enable USB Debugging on your device from Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, to make sure the update process completes without any interruptions and it helps in avoiding bricking of your device.
- Download and install USB Drivers Suitable for Galaxy Note Edge on PC.
- Kill all the Samsung PC Suits like Kies, so they won’t interfere with Odin.
Disclaimer: We, the members of Gizmo Advices should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to your Galaxy Note Edge N915FY / N915F. So be cautious and proceed at your own risk.
How to update Galaxy Note Edge to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop XXU1BOA2 leaked firmware:
- Download the required files from the above links.
- Run Odin 3.09 as administrator.
- Power off Galaxy Note Edge and boot into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power buttons simultaneously until you see Warning text on screen. Now press Volume Up to enter into Download Mode, else press Volume Down to terminate and reboot your device.
- Connect your device to PC using OEM data cable.
- Wait for the drivers to be installed.
- Now you will see that your device is detected by Odin.
- In Odin Choose the firmware files as follows:
Click on BL and choose BL_N915FXXU1BOA2.tar
Click on AP and choose AP_N915FXXU1BOA2.tar
Click on CP and choose CP_N915FXXU1BOA2.tar
Click on CSC and choose HOME_CSC_OXE_ N915FOXE1BOA2.tar
Click on PIT and choose TBLTE_EUR_OPEN.pit
- Once you have added the files as listed above, check boxes Auto Reboot, Re-Partition and F.Reset Time. Check only these three options and un-check remaining.
- Once you are all set with the above settings, hit Start button and wait for the Odin to flash the firmware files to Galaxy Note Edge.
- Once the firmware files are flashed your device will reboot automatically and you will see PASS message in Odin.
After reboot you are ready to taste the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop on Galaxy Note Edge N915FY / N915F. Do share your experience about this firmware in the comment section below and share this leaked ROM with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus etc. by sharing this article with them. Also reach us and let us know if you face any issue while updating Galaxy Note Edge to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop.
🡇🡇 Latest Video on YouTube 🡇🡇