This tutorial shows how to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus X Smartphone – Complete Guide
OnePlus X is the latest Android Smartphone from the Chinese manufacturer OnePlus and it comes with locked bootloader to avoid its users to mess up with the system files and here in this tutorial we are going to show you how to unlock bootloader on OnePlus X Android Smartphone.
Before we proceed let me warn you that unlocking bootloader on OnePlus X voids its warranty and the steps listed in this tutorial should be followed only if you understand what you are doing and we are not responsible for any damage to your device. If you are ok with these then you can proceed below and follow the instructions to unlock bootloader on OnePlus X.
- Unlocking Bootloader wipes all of your data and settings and restores your device to factory defaults. So we recommend you to backup all of your important data and stuff before you proceed.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock from Developer Options.
- Charge OnePlus X to at least 75%.
- Install OnePlus X USB Drivers on PC.
- Install ADB and Fastboot drivers using 15 seconds ADB installer and it is recommended to install them system wide.
Disclaimer: Proceed with the below steps at your own risk and we are not responsible for any damage to your OnePlus X.
How to unlock bootloader on OnePlus X:
Step 1: Power off OnePlus X and boot into Fastboot / Bootloader Mode by pressing and holding Volume Up and Power buttons together.
Step 2: Connect OnePlus X to PC.
Step 3: Open Command Prompt (CMD) in PC and enter the below listed commands.
This command list the devices connected to PC in Fastboot Mode.
fastboot oem unlock
This command unlock Bootloader on OnePlus X.
This command boots your device into normal mode.
That’s it now the Bootloader on OnePlus X is unlocked and you can now install Custom Recovery and Root your device.
Ads by Yahoo