In this tutorial checkout how to Root Galaxy S6 G920F on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop XXU2BOFL firmware – Complete guide
Samsung has started rolling out Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware update for Galaxy S6 G920F and we also shared a tutorial on manually updating Galaxy S6 G920F to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop XXU2BOFL firmware, so that the users who are facing issue updating their device via OTA can also enjoy the firmware update. Those who have updated their Galaxy S6 G920F to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware might have lost root access on their device, so we have brought here a tutorial on how to Root Galaxy S6 G920F on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop XXU2BOFL firmware.
This tutorial can also be helpful to the users who are rooting their device for the first time. So without any further ado, let’s proceed with the steps on how to Root Galaxy S6 G920F on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware.
- This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S6 with G920F as model no. So, don’t try it on other models / variants.
- Make sure you are running on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware. If not follow the tutorial here and update your device.
- Make sure to create a complete backup of your device on PC. Backup SMS, Contacts, Call Logs etc.
- Enable USB Debugging on Galaxy S6 G920F from Developer Options.
- Download and install the required USB drivers on PC.
- Kill the PC suits running on background using Task Manager, so that they won’t interfere with Odin Flash Tool.
- Backup EFS Data.
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damage to your Galaxy S6 G920F Android Smartphone and moreover rooting voids device’s warranty. So be wise and proceed with the below steps at your own risk.
Also Read: How to Root Samsung Galaxy E7 – All Models
How to Root Galaxy S6 G920F on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware:
Step 1: Download the required files from the links provided below.
Step 2: Run Odin on PC as administrator.
Step 3: Boot Galaxy S6 G920F in Download Mode.
- Power off Galaxy S6 G920F.
- Hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons simultaneously until a warning message is displayed.
- Press Volume Up or Power button as written on warning message to enter into Download Mode.
Step 4: Connect Galaxy S6 G920F to PC and wait till all the USB drivers are installed and is recognized by the Odin flash tool.
Step 5: Follow the instructions listed here and install CF-Auto Root Package on Galaxy S6 G920F.
Step 6: Reboot Galaxy S6 G920F and Check for Root permissions using Root Checker App.
That’s all now you have successfully Rooted Galaxy S6 G920F on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware and you now have root access on your device.
Do share this tutorial with your friends and help them in Rooting Galaxy S6 G920F on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop XXU2BOFL firmware.
Have any questions or queries? Leave them in the comment section below.
Ads by Yahoo