In this tutorial checkout how to Root Galaxy S6 Edge – Guide
Earlier this month Samsung has launched Galaxy S6 Edge along with Galaxy S6 at MWC 2015 event and we shared a tutorial on how to Root Galaxy S6 and now in this tutorial we will guide you on how to Root Galaxy S6 Edge.
As of now this method is only applicable for Galaxy S6 Edge with SM-G925T model and we will update this tutorial once the CF-Auto-Root packages are made available for other models.
Before you proceed to Root Galaxy S6 Edge, make sure to follow Pre-Requisites listed below and prepare Galaxy S6 Edge for the rooting process.
- Make sure your Galaxy S6 Edge is with model no SM-G925T.
- Backup your important data to safe place.
Backup & Restore Contacts
Backup & Restore SMS
Backup & Restore Call Logs
Backup files stored on internal storage to PC
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options on Galaxy S6 Edge.
- Charge your device to at least 75% before you proceed with the rooting process.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on PC.
- Kill all PC Suites running on PC, so that they won’t interfere with rooting process.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage to your Galaxy S6 Edge. So proceed with the below steps at your own risk.
CF-Auto-Root Package – SM-G925T
How to Root Galaxy S6 Edge:
Step 1: Extract and Run Odin Flash Tool on PC as administrator.
Step 2: Download and extract the CF-Auto-Root Package and get .tar.md5 file.
Step 3: Boot Galaxy S6 Edge into Download Mode.
- Power off Galaxy S6 Edge.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power buttons simultaneously until you see warning screen.
- Now press Volume Up to enter into Download Mode.
Step 4: Follow the Odin Flash Guide and install CF-Auto-Root on Galaxy S6 Edge.
Step 5: Reboot Galaxy S6 Edge and check for Root Permissions using Root Checker App.
That’s all now you are done with rooting process and you have successfully Rooted Galaxy S6 Edge. Do let us know in the comment section if you face any difficulties while trying to Root Galaxy S6 Edge.
Also Share this tutorial with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus etc. and let your friends know how to Root Galaxy S6 Edge.