In this tutorial checkout how to install TWRP Recovery and Root LG G5 H850 Smartphone
LG G5 bearing H850 as model number i.e., the international variant has got TWRP custom Recovery and Rooting process. As now the TWRP Recovery is available and the device has been rooted, we can expect Custom ROM’s, Mod’s and tweaks soon. The version of TWRP available for LG G5 H850 is 3.0.2, which is the latest version with new UI. In this tutorial we will guide you on how to install TWRP Recovery and Root LG G5 H850.
- This tutorial is only for LG G5 having H850 as model number and should not be followed on other models.
- Backup all of your important data and stuff to safe place. Backup SMS, Contacts, Call Logs.
- Enable USB Debugging on LG G5 form Settings > Developer Options. Is Developer Options missing? Follow this tutorial to activate it.
- Charge LG G5 to at least 75%.
- Enable OEM Unlock from Settings > Developer Options.
- Unlock Bootloader on LG G5. How? Follow this tutorial (Though it is for LG G4, the process is same).
- Install suitable LG USB Drivers on PC.
- Install and Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on PC – Windows | Mac.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible for any damage to your LG G5. Proceed with the below steps at your own risk.
LG G5 H850 TWRP – Link
SuperSU.zip – Link
How to install TWRP Recovery on LG G5 H850:
Step 1: Download the TWRP Recovery from the download section and rename it to twrp.img
Step 2: Copy the twrp.img file to fastboot folder.
Step 3: Open the Fastboot folder and press and hold the Shift key and Right click inside the folder at the empty space and choose Open command window here.
Step 4: Connect LG G5 to PC and enter the below commands in CMD:
adb reboot bootloader
This command boots LG G5 into Bootloader / Fastboot Mode.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
This command flashes the twrp.img file to LG G5.
This command reboots the device into normal / standard mode.
With this the installation of TWRP Recovery on LG G5 H850 is done. Now it’s time to Root LG G5 H850.
How to Root LG G5 H850:
Step 1: Download SuperSU.zip package from the above downloads section.
Step 2: Transfer the package to root of the device’s internal storage.
Step 3: Power off LG G5 and boot into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously together. As soon as the LG logo appears leave the Power button and quickly press it again. Do not leave the Volume Down button during this process.
Step 4: Keep holding the two keys until Factory Reset option appears on the screen.
Step 5: Follow the on-screen instructions and perform factory reset.
Step 6: Once done, you are all set to flash the SuperSU.zip package via TWRP Recovery. Follow this tutorial to know how to flash SuperSu.zip package from TWRP.
Step 7: Reboot and check for Root Permissions using Root Checker app.
With this you have successfully Rooted LG G5 H850. Do share this tutorial on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus etc. and help others in installing TWRP Recovery and Rooting LG G5 H850.
Have any queries? Post them in the comment section below.