This tutorial shows how to install TWRP Recovery and Root Nexus 6 on Android 5.1 Lollipop firmware – Guide
Nexus 6 is updated to Android 5.1 Lollipop firmware via Factory Images, which was released by Google recently and earlier we also had a tutorial on how to update Nexus 6 to Android 5.1 Lollipop via Factory Image. Those who have updated Nexus 6 to Android 5.1 Lollipop can now root it and install TWRP Recovery by following this tutorial.
So let’s proceed and install TWRP Recovery and Root Nexus 6 on Android 5.1 Lollipop after following the pre-requisites listed below.
- This guide is only for Nexus 6, codenamed – “shamu”.
- It is recommended to back up your important data to a safe place.
Backup files on internal storage to PC
- Enable USB Debugging on Nexus 6.
- Make sure your device has at least 75% battery left.
- Download and install USB Drivers suitable for your device on PC.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on PC.
- Unlock Bootloader on Nexus 6.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible for any damage occurred to your Nexus 6. So proceed with the below steps at your own risk.
TWRP Recovery – Link 1
SuperSU Package – Link 1
How to install TWRP Recovery on Nexus 6:
Step 1: Download the TWRP Recovery Image from the above link and copy it to Fastboot folder.
Step 2: Now open CMD inside the Fastboot Folder.
- Open the Fastboot folder.
- Press and hold shift key and right click inside the Fastboot folder at the empty space.
- Choose open command window here from the list of options.
Step 3: Boot Nexus 6 into Fastboot / Bootloader Mode.
- Power off Nexus 6.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously until you see Fastboot Menu.
Step 4: Now in Command Prompt type the following command and hit enter:
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-184.108.40.206-shamu.img
Step 5: Now TWRP Recovery will be installed on your device.
As now you have TWRP Recovery installed on Nexus 6, you can proceed to Root Nexus 6.
How to Root Nexus 6:
Step 1: Download the SuperSU package from the above link.
Step 2: Copy the SuperSU package to the root of your devices internal storage or external storage.
Step 3: Boot Nexus 6 into Recovery Mode.
- Power off Nexus 6.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Press the Volume Down until you see Recovery mode and press Power button to boot into Recovery Mode.
Step 4: Now follow our flashing guide and install the SuperSU package on Nexus 6.
Step 5: Once done, reboot your device and check for Root Permission using Root Checker App.
That’s it now you have installed TWRP Recovery and Rooted Nexus 6 on Android 5.1 Lollipop. Do let us know in the comment section below if you face any issues while trying to Root Nexus 6.
Share this tutorial on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus and help your friends in Rooting Nexus 6.
Ads by Yahoo