This tutorial shows how to install CF-Auto Root, recovery and Firmware files on Samsung Galaxy devices using Odin Software – Guide
Samsung Galaxy devices are rooted using Odin software and this software also helps in installing Custom Recovery and Firmware files. Odin flash tool can only be used with Samsung Galaxy devices and in this guide we will show you how to use Odin to install CF-Auto Root, Recovery and firmware files.
Before we proceed to the instructions you have to follow some pre-requisites, to prepare your Samsung Galaxy device and also to avoid interruptions.
- Backup all the important data before you proceed, as this step might help you in recovering your data in case of data loss.
- Charge your device to at least 75%, as it avoid shutdown in between the process.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Download and install USB Drivers suitable for your device on PC.
- Unlock Bootloader in case of locked Bootloader as installing CF-Auto Root on locked Bootloader devices may brick your device.
- Kill PC Suits like Samsung Kies, so they won’t interfere with Odin Software.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable or responsible in any manner for any damage occurred to your Samsung Galaxy device. So understand the risk involved and proceed at your own risk.
Download Odin Latest Version:
How to install CF-Auto Root, Recovery and Firmware files using Odin Flash tool:
- Download the Odin software from the above links.
- Download the required file, it may be either CF-Auto Root or Recovery or Firmware files.
- Run Odin as administrator on PC.
- Power off your device and boot into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power button until you see warning text onscreen. Now press Volume Up or Power button as written in the Warning message to enter into Download Mode.
- Connect your device to PC using OEM data cable.
- Now in Odin you will see that under ID:COM color changes either to blue or yellow, depending on your Odin version. It also mentions the COM Port. This indicates that your device is successfully connected to PC. Additionally you will see Added!! Message under Message section in Odin.
- If you are going to install CF-Auto Root then click on AP or PDA and choose the CF-Auto Root files, which is in .tar.md5 format.
- If you are flashing Custom Recovery then you have to choose the recovery image in .img or .tar format.
- If you are flashing the firmware files then choose the files as shown below:
- Click on ‘AP‘ or ‘PDA‘ and choose the file with ‘AP‘ in its name or choose the file which is large in size.
- Click on ‘CP‘ or ‘Modem‘ and select the file with ‘MODEM‘ in its name. Ignore this step if no such file exists.
- Click on ‘CSC‘ and select the file with ‘CSC‘ in its name. Ignore this step if no such file exists.
- Click on ‘PIT‘ and select the ‘.pit‘ file. Ignore this step if no such file exists.
- Click on ‘BL‘ or ‘Bootloader‘ and select file with ‘BL‘ in its name. Ignore this step if no such file exists.
- Now check Auto Reboot and F.Reset time and un-check all the remaining options. Check Re-Partition only if you have selected .PIT file.
- Once all the above steps are done, hit START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once the flashing process is done you will see PASS! Or RESET! Message in Odin and your device will reboot automatically.
- Unplug your device from PC, only when you see PASS! Or RESET! Message.
Note: If you see FAIL! Message in Odin then unplug and remove battery and reinsert and start the above process again. If the problem still persists then try after changing data cable.
That’s all now you have known how to install CF-Auto Root, Recovery and Firmware files on Samsung Galaxy device using Odin software. If you have any queries then post them in the comment section below. Also share this valuable information with your friends on social networking sites.